Pleasant Valley Family Newsletter
February 19, 2021
Our mission is to empower and inspire a community of lifelong learners and leaders!
Hello Pleasant Valley Families,
We are beginning to plan for the next school year. We are either sending home forms or sharing online Google Forms to survey your family's plans for the next school year. Any PVLA students that plan to return to in-person/brick and mortar schooling will return to their original program (ex. students in STEM will return to a STEM classroom).
We need these forms/surveys to be completed by next Friday, February 26th.
- Your child's teacher will be sharing a survey link with you.
- Grade 4 PVLA families with children previously in STEM, a PV office staff will be calling parents next week for confirmation of attending STEM at Greenbriar as a 5th grader in the 2021-22 school year.
PV Inperson/Hybrid Families:
- Families with a student in K-3- Expect your child to bring home a blue survey from me with the bottom portion to be completed and return to school next week on your child's cohort day. (White Cohort sent home today, and Green Cohort will send home on Tuesday, February 23rd). Click here for the K-3 Intent to Return Form if you didn't receive it.
- Families with a student in grade 4 STEM- Expect your child to bring home a 2021-22 Intent to Return Form on green paper and return to school next week on your child's cohort day. (White Cohort sent home today, and Green Cohort will send home on Tuesday, February 23rd). Click here for the grade 4 STEM Intent to Return Form if you didn't receive it.
- Families with a student in grade 4 Traditional - Expect your child to bring home a 2021-22 Intent to Return Form on gold paper and return to school next week on your child's cohort day. (White Cohort sent home today, and Green Cohort will send home on Tuesday, February 23rd). Click here for the grade 4 Traditional Intent to Return Form if you didn't receive it.
Please remember that if COVID-19 has impacted your child by either testing positive or being a primary contact to someone who has, you must keep them home and notify our nursing staff of the next steps. It goes without saying that any students exhibiting symptoms should remain home for at least 24 hours until symptom-free. Below is a link to our Health and Safety Plan. These are community pledges that we can all live by! Our nursing staff can be reached at 440-843-1531 or email email@example.com.
Please call (440) 885-2380 from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm as our office staff will assist if you have any questions. Thank you for your ongoing support and partnership!
Please see the section near the bottom of the newsletter for translation information.
Russian:Sm. Razdel v nizhney chasti informatsionnogo byulletenya dlya polucheniya informatsii o perevode i ssylki Google.
Spanish: Consulte la sección cerca del final del boletín para obtener información sobre la traducción y Google Link.
Ukranian: Informatsiyu pro pereklad ta posylannya na Google dyv. U nyzhniy chastyni byuletenya
Pashto: مهرباني وکړئ د ژباړې معلوماتو او ګوګل لینک لپاره د خبر پا ofې ته نږدې برخې وګورئ
Stephanie Boka, Principal
NEEDED ASAP Completed Annual Student Refresh Form
Should I create an account?
- If you’ve never completed an online Annual Student Refresh Form, you should create an account. This allows you to securely save your work and come back at a later time if necessary. You can use your email address or cell phone number.
- If you already have an account, you can sign in and complete the form. (You should use the same account to complete forms for multiple children.)
How do I get started?
Click this snapcode link: https://registration.powerschool.com/family/gosnap.aspx?snapcode=ktcmd74747mtktk
Your student’s snapcode: snapcode
What’s a snapcode?
The snapcode is like a key to your child’s Annual Student Refresh Form for the upcoming school year. You should receive a unique snapcode or snapcode link for each child.
Do I have to answer all the questions?
Required fields are marked as "Required".
What if I make a mistake?
If you would like to make a change, click on the underlined field or click “Previous” to return to a previous page.
I’ve completed the form, now what?
When you have finished entering your information, click “Submit.” This will send all of the information you’ve entered to the school. If you cannot click on this button, you will need to make sure that you have answered all required questions.
What if I have more than one student at Parma City School District?
Do I need to do this for each child? Yes, because you’ll need to provide information that is specific for each child. We recommend that you submit one Annual Student Refresh Form and then start another – this will allow you to “snap over” shared family information, which will save you time.
I don’t know what a question is asking.
You can contact Parma City School District at firstname.lastname@example.org to ask any general questions about the form or the Annual Student Refresh Form process.
Help! I’m having technical difficulties.
For technical support, visit our PowerSchool Community help center or click “Help” or “Contact Us” from any form page.
PCSD Attendance Policy and Vacation Days
Vacations are discouraged during the school year. However, in some cases, family vacations may occur during the school year. In this case, advanced requests to have an absence must be submitted five (5) school days prior to the vacation. Excused vacation days may not exceed five (5) days during the school year. Students will be obligated to complete assignments to ensure no interruption in education upon their return. Please refer to Policy #5200 here to read it in its entirety.
CWRU ENGINEERING CHALLENGES CARNIVAL
Virtual Engineers Week Carnival Activities
All event times are ESTALL EVENTS ARE FREE AND NO REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED
Tickets are now available for the 2021 Parma Partners in Education Pierogi Dinner!
Tickets are now available for the 2021 Parma Partners in Education Pierogi Dinner!
- Fish & Pierogi Dinner | $12 Fish dinner includes 3 pieces of fish, 2 pierogis, a roll with butter, a beverage and a dessert.
- Pierogi Dinner | $10 Pierogi dinner includes 5 pierogis, a roll with butter, sour cream or applesauce, a beverage and a dessert.
- Mac & Cheese | $8 Mac and cheese dinner includes a roll with butter, a beverage and a dessert.
Take out ONLY!
Hurry! Purchase your tickets here: https://piepierogidinnermarch2021.rsvpify.com/ by February 25th
Pick up will be held at Normandy High School (2500 West Pleasant Valley Road, Parma, Ohio) on Friday, March 5, 2021 from 3:30-6:00 PM.
Pleasant Valley PTA News
Next PTA Meeting
We will be having our next General Membership meeting on Tuesday, March 16, 2021, at 8:00 pm via Zoom. If you are interested in joining us, please email email@example.com for the meeting link information.
Device Repairs and Tech Help for Families
If your child's Chromebook or iPad is not working or damaged parents are responsible for getting a new Chromebook iPad. Parents will need to bring the device the Department of Information Systems (Tech Department) at PSH door #50 to exchange it. DIS is there daily from 7:00 am - 2:00 pm, no appointment is necessary. If parents have any questions they can also call the tech help desk at 440.843.3865 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.Please refer to the documents below for guidance.
PCSD- Emergency Grab & Go Meal Pick Up
Wednesday, February 24, 2021 Emergency Grab & Go meal pick up will be at the Parma Senior High School bus loop from 3:15 - 4:45 PM.
Parents and guardians will receive 7 lunches and 7 breakfast meals for each child ages 1 - 18.
You MUST complete the sign up link at the end of this message to receive the meals on February 24.
Once the maximum limit has been reached, the sign up will shut down.
If you pick up meals on February 24, you are not eligible for pick up again until March 3.
Parma Senior High School bus loop is located in the back of the school, 6285 West 54th Street in Parma.
Click here to fill out the form for Wednesday, February 24, 2021 - https://forms.gle/S5eAYMccPUPH68ji7
If you have any questions or concerns or have trouble completing the Sign-Up form please contact our Home Liaison Team - Jen Langtry 440-885-2363/ mailto:email@example.com or Susan Turner 440-885-8757 mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
PCSD Health and Safety Plan
Second Semester Attendance Procedures
Please remember that students can not enter the building until 9:15 am, and dismissal is at 3:30 pm.
If your child can not attend in-person learning or log in during 9:15-9:35, please call the office @ 440-885-2380.
- Students in the White Cohort must log in to their Google Classroom Meet every Tuesday and Wednesday from 9:15-9:35 am for attendance and school morning announcements.
- Students in the Green Cohort must log in to their Google Classroom Meet every Thursday and Friday from 9:15-9:35 am for attendance and school morning announcements.
Third Quarter Links
Click on the links (blue font) for the third quarter Distance or Hybrid Encore Calendars.
- Hybrid Schedule for Week of January 25-29 & February 1-5
REVISED Third Quarter Hybrid Green Cohort Encore Schedule
Third Quarter Hybrid White Cohort Encore Schedule
Third Quarter Distance Learning Encore Schedule
Translation Service Request
Russian: Если вам нужен переводчик для встречи, обратитесь к секретарю здания.
Spanish: Si necesita un intérprete para una reunión, comuníquese con la secretaria del edificio
Ukrainian: Якщо вам потрібен перекладач для зустрічі, зв’яжіться з секретарем будівлі.
Pashto: که تاسو د غونډې لپاره ترجمان ته اړتیا لرئ ، مهرباني وکړئ د ودانۍ سکرتر سره اړیکه ونیسئ.
The Parma Area Family Collaborative located at 5210 Loya Parkway Parma, Ohio- Will also have community supports during this- more information can be located on their Facebook Page
Additional Community Resources can be located by calling United Way's 2-1-1. 2-1-1 is the gateway that connects people with community resources. By simply dialing three digits, you can make one call to find or give help. No more wasted time trying to find the right resource. It’s efficient, fast, and easy to use. And the call is free and confidential.
State & County Links
United Way 211:
2-1-1 is the gateway that connects people with community resources. By simply dialing three digits, you can make one call to find or give help. No more wasted time trying to find the right resource. It’s efficient, fast, and easy to use. And the call is free and confidential.
Cuyahoga County Board of Health:
Ohio Department of Health:
Ohio Department of Education: