Ms. Coronado's Weekly News
October 5th - 9th
This week we had a few focuses that guided our thinking. One of our big topics of the week was the solar system. Students investigated how the earth moves around the sun and the tilt affects the seasons. We also started to finish up our work on Topic 3 in math which is all about place value. Our last main focus was using text evidence to support a claim in fiction text. Students did very well with this! I am looking forward to another great week of learning!
IMPORTANT WEBSITE TO USE AT HOME
- Online Assignments will be posted here.
- Rigorous mathematical assignments
- Math practice in the form of games that become more challenging when problems are answered correctly.
Pizza Hut Book It! Program
October is the first month of the Book It! program. Students must log their minutes reading each day. At the end of the month, students return their reading logs with the total number of minutes read AND a parent signature to confirm their reading. We will have a reading celebration to highlight the excellent work.
Prizes are as follows:
- Certificate--returned reading log with any amount of minutes read.
- Certificate + Free Personal Pan Pizza -- returned reading log with goal met.
- Certificate + Free Personal Pan Pizza + Prize from goodie bag -- reading log returned with total number of minutes exceeding the goal.
October's reading log is due November 2nd.