Park Terrace Elementary
June 2, 2021 Newsletter
Greetings Park Terrace Families!
I hope everyone had a fun and safe Memorial Day Weekend! Before students left for the long weekend, I had the chance to watch our 4th graders participate in the Olympics hosted by their teachers and Mr. Downs. It was such an amazing sight to behold all these young students playing, competing, and having fun on a beautiful spring day. I was particularly impressed by how well some of our students did in the high jump! I want to give a shout out to all the students in 4th grade for their amazing efforts and to the 4th grade team for putting on such a fun event for our students. Great job, everyone!
The last day of school is next Thursday, June 10. As we get closer and closer to the end of the school year, there are a couple of important reminders I would like to share:
- iPads: Students may keep their school-issued iPad over the summer as long as they are going to return to an SLP school in the fall. If your student is moving to another district, please have them leave their iPad here at school on the last day. Additionally, if your plans change over the summer, please update your status with the District Services Center at 763-600-5000.
- Report cards: Report cards will be sent home with students on the last day of school. Students who are in Extended Flexible Learning will have their report card mailed home to the address we have on file. As a reminder, the report card grades mean as follows:
- ES: Exceeds Standard
- S: At Standard
- AS: Approaching Standard
- MS: Minimal Progress to Standard
- NA: Not Reported
- NE: No Evidence
- Yearbooks: Yearbooks will be distributed to students during the last week of school.
Have a great rest of the week, Park Terrace families! Let’s finish the year strong by continuing to learn and grow while having fun and making memories!
For Extended Flex Learning families: Important dates coming up
June has arrived and we are heading into the home stretch. The last day of school is June 10. This last week will be a special one, as Extended Flexible Learning students and staff celebrate the end of this incredible year. Here are important reminders for these final days:
- SLP Schools Online K-8 info sessions on June 3: Even if you have not yet expressed interest, you are welcome to join a brief, virtual information session about SLP Schools Online for grades K-8 next year. Learn more about the model and next steps at sessions on Thursday, June 3. Log in noon-12:30 p.m. (WebEx event link, Password: SLP!) or, 6-6:30 p.m. (WebEx event link, Password: SLP!)
- Drive-by parade for grades 1-4 is June 10: On Thursday, June 10, distance learning teachers for grades 1-4 will be hosting a drive-by parade on the Westwood Campus from 4–5 p.m. Mark your calendar and plan to driveby to help us celebrate a great year! (Kindergarteners will have their event on Monday, June 7 with information coming from your teachers.)
- School resource return is June 7: Teachers are sharing an inventory list with families to help you identify school resources that need to be returned to school. Plan to return these resources on Monday, June 7 to Northpoint, Centerview and Park Terrace during one of three times – 7:30-8:30 a.m., 12-1 p.m., 5-6 p.m. Please choose a drop-off site and time that works best for your family.
- iPads can stay home for the summer: Students may keep school-issued iPads at home for the summer if you plan to return to SLP in the fall. If you will not be enrolled next year, please let us know so that the iPad can be returned with other student resources.
Please continue to stay up-to-date with this newsletter to help you with end-of-year information and planning for next year.
Principal on Assignment
K-4 Extended Flexible Learning
Outstanding School Fees: How to pay through Campus Parent Portal
As we wrap up the 2020-2021 school year, we encourage families to pay any outstanding fees they may have acquired throughout the school year. Fees could range from technology and iPad insurance to library books and music fees
To check if your family has any outstanding fees and to pay for the fees, login to Campus Parent Portal and click on "Fees" located in the left-hand black column. We are asking for families to pay these fees by June 30, 2021.
Questions? Please contact our technology team at email@example.com.
App offers free summer meals to Minnesota kids
Hunger Impact Partners, a non-profit organization with the Minnesota Department of Education that promotes free healthy summer meals for kids across the state, is encouraging students and families to download the Summer Eats Minnesota mobile app.
Here’s how it works:
- Download the free Summer Eats Minnesota app to your cell phone
- Use the mobile app to find the nearest site providing meals and meal packs by GPS
- Click on the nearby site and use the Meals Updates tab for more details
- Kids up to age 18 just show up and eat with no registration required
There are free meal sites across the state at schools, bus stops, libraries, community centers and parks. The app provides location, directions to the site and hours and days of distribution. More sites are added daily. For more information, visit the Hunger Impact Partners website.
Thursday, June 10 – Last day of school
4th Grade Olympics
Reading and Learning in the Sun!
In case you missed important information from last week's newsletter, check out the topics below and click to learn more.
Translate This Message / Traducir Este Mensaje
To translate this information to another language, please click anywhere on the message to open it in a web browser and at the top of the page, select your language from the dropdown menu.
Para traducir la información a otro idioma, por favor presionen en cualquier lugar del mensaje para abrirlo en un navegador web y en la parte superior de la página seleccione su idioma del menú.