December K-2 Newsletter
Parent Resources & Keynote Highlight
Instructional Technology Parent Nights
- January 15 (FMS)
- January 31 (PMS)
- February 6 (SMS)
Each date will have a K-2 session (6:00-7:00pm) and a 3-5 session (7:15-8:15pm) to tailor the session to the different grade level bands.
How will this be communicated with families?
- Dr. Florio will share the flyer with families
- Principals will continue to share the flyer in their weekly communication
- Jen Neill (Communications) will post on district Facebook page
- WE NEED YOU! Please share the attached flyer in your family communication to continue to spread the word!
If you are interested in helping with the event, please email Jenni Southmayd (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please click here to view the PDF and share with families!
Tech Tip of the Month: Keynote Templates
Integration Ideas for Students:
- Sequences--Life Cycle of a Butterfly or Frog
- Weather Sort--types of clothing items to fit each season
- Word Sorts
- Take photos of a science investigation or process and put the photos onto slides and record students explaining what's happening.
- Sentence Building--provide words and have students build a sentence and add punctuation
- Edit & Revise--Provide students with a paragraph and have them use the draw tool to make revisions and explain their revisions
- Solve math word problems with bar models or shapes
- Sort images/text into a venn diagram to compare and contrast texts or topics.
Watch the screen recording below to see how to create a Keynote presentation!
Teacher iPad Expectations
APPLE TEACHER PROGRAM:
- K-2 teachers, EL, Gifted, LS, and Reading Specialists are expected to complete Apple Teacher by the end of the 2nd Trimester (March 6th).
- The WHY: The Apple Teacher Program provides teachers with professional development in navigating and using the device instructionally. Teachers may submit their hours for flex time.
When you complete the program:
- Fill out this District Apple Teacher Form to show your completion
- Complete the district flex time form if you complete the program outside of contract hours.
Want to complete the program with your peers? Consider attending a drop-in session at Spellman's Training Room between 3:45-5:00pm on the following dates:
- January 10
- January 22
Please click here for more information regarding the district expectations.