Strengths Based Leadership
Embrace your strengths!
Everyone has different strengths.
- Discipline ( well sequenced plan, organize)
- Responsibility ( doing things right, honor commitments when inconvenienced)
- Relator ( reading for pleasure, more confident when sharing knowledge)
- Strategic ( multiple solutions, need time alone to think or work)
- Learner ( acquire new skills, enjoy learning, work alone or with others who have the same drive)
These strengths will define how I work with others in the future!
- No matter what accomplishments you make, somebody helped you.
- We should not only use the brains we have but all that we can borrow.
A group becomes a team when each member is sure enough of himself and his contribution to praise the skill of the others.-Norman Shidle
Working with others:
- Lead others using my strengths
- Seek out those to help in areas I am not strong
- How to approach others in a way that works with both our strengths
- I will work together with colleagues more with different strengths to become stronger in different areas
- I will be able to draw from different people than I would consider to be "out of my comfort zone"
- I will work better with all people I come across, using my strengths, and understanding theirs.
How I will use this information:
I will take this knowledge and use my strengths to work with others. I will work on the areas that I am not strong in order to be a more well rounded person. I will use this information to understand roles that I should take on, and roles that I should empower others to take, based on their strengths.