LVJHS Weekly Bulletin 11/13/2015
Dear LVJHS Family,
The school year is flying by fast! At the end of this week, we will be on Thanksgiving Break. In the week ahead, let's make sure to Maximize Instruction, Maximize Instructional Opportunities, and Maximize Our Potential! Everyday is an important step toward completing Mission Maximize. Our mission is important because it puts us in the best possible position to make sure our students are successful. Everything we do is to serve our students and our community, so we must always make sure to make the most of our opportunities to do so.
Thank you all for making LVJHS a great place for students!
La Vernia Junior High School
Please check out Lead4ward.com to check out some powerful learning tools. Visit the link below to see some awesome instructional strategies. These are available in STAAR4ward in the Lead4ward website. You may check out STAAR4ward Resources in Lead4ward by using "learn2lead" in the password area.
LVJHS Celebrates Veterans!
Staff Spotlight: Dale Kotzur!
We are proud to announce Mrs. Kotzur as our staff spotlight for the week! Mrs. Kotzur has been serving our district for over 20 years. Her kindness and love for children has shined brightly throughout our educational community. Mrs. Kotzur demonstrates a genuine commitment to our students every single day, and takes on new job responsibilities with flexibility and a positive attitude! We are very excited to celebrate Mrs. Kotzur as our staff Spotlight team member of the week!
Fundamental Five Focus...
Research by Marzano indicates that the effective use of reinforcement in the classroom produces a 20-48% gain in student achievement. Focus on recognizing student achievement and progress as well as reinforcing the work and effort it took to make that happen. Personalize the R & R and make it specific to the task at hand. Consistently use this practice to improve and support higher levels of student achievement!
Mr. Goode from CPS presents to sixth grade Science Students!
Mrs. Cornali's Classes using Powtoon.com to learn analogies!
LVJHS Cheerleaders at our last home football game!
Second Nine Weeks at a Glance
- October 26, 22015: LVJHS Volleyball vs Mountain Valley (7th/8th grade @ HOME)
- October 29, 2015: LVJHS Football vs Pleasanton (7/8th grade @ HOME)
- Oct. 26, 2015 Beginning of Sem 1 Cycle 2 (2nd ) 9 week Grading Period
- Oct. 26, 2015 LVJHS vs Mountain Valley (7th/8th grade HOME) (Volleyball)
- Oct. 26-30, 2015 Red Ribbon Week
- Oct. 26-30, 2015 LVJHS Book Fair in the La Vernia Jr. High Library
- Oct. 27, 2015 PTO MEETING @ 9:00 am
- Oct. 28, 2015 Sem 1 Cycle 1 (9wk) Report Card Issued
- Oct. 29, 2015 LVJHS vs Pleasanton 7th/8th grade @ HOME (Football)
- Oct. 29, 2015 PEP RALLY
- October 30, 2015: Early Release/Staff Development
- Nov. 1, 2015 LVJHS VB vs Gonzales @Gonzales (5:00PM)
- Nov. 16, 2015 Sem 1 Cycle 2 (3 wk) Progress Report Grades are DUE
- Nov. 17, 2015 PTO MEETNG @ 9:00am
- Nov. 18, 2015 Sem 1 Cycle 2 (3 wk) Progress Report Grades ISSUED
- Nov. 23-27, 2015 THANKSGIVING BREAK
- Dec. 14, 2015 Sem 1 Cycle 2 (6 wk) Progress Report Grades DUE
- Dec. 15, 2015 JH Band Concert
- Dec. 15, 2015 PTO MEETING @ 9:00am
- Dec. 16, 2015 Sem 1 Cycle 2 (6 wk) Progress Report Grades ISSUED
- Dec. 16, 2015 HISTORY FAIR
- DEC. 18, 2015 EARLY RELEASE/STAFF DEVELOPMENT
- DEC. 21-JAN 4 WINTER BREAK>>>HOLIDAY
- JAN. 4, 2015 STUDENT HOLIDAY; STAFF DEVELOPMENT
- Jan. 11, 2015 School Board Meeting
- Jan. 15, 2015 Sem 1 Cycle 2 (9 wk) Report Card Grades are DUE
- Jan. 19, 2015 Semester 2 BEGINS
- Jan. 20, 2015 Sem 1 Cycle 2 (9 wk) Report Card ISSUED