Wednesday, February 24, 2021
Two Weeks of Wellness Week!
Gold team March 1-5
Black team March 8- 12.
Monday: Physical Wellness
- Walking and micro stretch breaks throughout the day
- Healthy snacks and smoothie station during lunch
- Pick-up a Wellness Bingo Board from the counseling office and enter to win a gift card
- Jeopardy during lunch breaks
- No homework night!
- Mandala coloring in English classes
- Meditation during study halls
- Aroma therapy and SLIME during lunch
- Letter writing during 1st set
- Photo Booth during lunch sets
- Wear assigned color according to class:
- Bring canned food item and drop off during lunch set
- Turn in Wellness Bingo Boards to Counseling office to win a gift card
- END OF DAY PEP RALLY
RIT Saunders College of Business Virtual Event
If you are Interested in a Career in Business, please see Mrs. Rollins to hear about a virtual conference opportunity sponsored by RIT Saunders Business College. Interact with experts in the field to get a head start on your career path.
The RIT event is scheduled for Wednesday, March 3, from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m..
Click on the picture for more details about the event!
Career in Education Virtual Event!
If you are Interested in a Career in Education, please see Mrs. Rollins to hear about a virtual conference opportunity sponsored by Nazareth College. Interact with experts in the field to get a head start on your career path.
The Careers In Education Event is on March 17th. Register now. Click on the picture for more details about the event!
Junior Planning Meetings Spring 2021
After the February break, Juniors are welcome to meet with their school counselor to discuss their plans for after graduation. We want to help you reach your goals whether you are planning on the military, work, or college. Parents will be welcome to attend this approximately one hour meeting via Zoom.
Look for an invitation in February to schedule your appointment on our new online appointment system.
All students need to attend school during their assigned weeks. Attending school in-person is an important part of academic success and emotional well-being.
- Acceptable reasons to stay home as a Temporary Remote Learner include: illness, mandated quarantine, or awaiting Covid-19 test results. If a student is going to be absent, be sure to contact the school's Attendance Office the morning of the absence at 624-7088..
- Unacceptable reasons to stay home as a Temporary Remote Learner include: tired, working on late assignments, more convenient to work from home, babysitting, no transportation, missed the bus, etc.
Are You Looking For Money For College?
HFL Graduation Scholarships:
Applications will be available on the Counseling Office's website on March 9th and due back, electronically, by 3pm on April 2nd.
- Check out the search engines on your Naviance account
- Review the scholarships at the colleges you are interested in attending
- Look in the Class of 2021 Schoology page under updates
- Try searching on Fastweb.com
- Know your major/career goal? Use Google to look for scholarships that match your path.
Any questions, please see your school counselor.
See What the Cafeteria/Food Services Has to Offer!
College Testing: SAT and ACT Spring 2021
In an effort to better meet student needs, College Board will no longer offer SAT Subject Tests effective immediately. Anyone who has registered for an SAT Subject Test for this Spring will have their registrations cancelled and their fees refunded as soon as possible.
SAT Essay will no longer be offered as of the end of this school year. Students can still take the essay portion of the SAT through June 2021. Anyone who has already registered who no longer wishes to take the essay can cancel their registration at no extra charge.
For more information on these updates, please visit https://allaccess.collegeboard.org/update-simplifying-our-work-and-reducing-demands-students
Spring semester is a great time for our juniors to take the SAT and/or ACT. Please click on the links below to see the calendar of dates and deadlines to register for the exams. If your student receives special testing accommodations, they should speak to their counselor as soon as possible since it can take up to two months to have special testing approved by the College Board (SAT) or the ACT.
It will take approximately 30 minutes to register for the SAT or ACT. Students will need to upload a photograph of themselves for purposes of identification on test day.
NEWS: SAT Subject Test and the Optional SAT Essay: Cancelled! The College Board will no long offer these exams. Here's the announcement by the College Board.
SAT Test Dates for 2021:
Mar 13 @ HF-L
May 8 @HF-L
June 5 @ HF-L
ACT Test Dates for 2021:
Information for the Seniors of the Class of 2021
Graduation is Scheduled for Saturday, June 26 at 2:00 at RIT Gordon Field House-(Venue and date may change pending Covid)
Cap & Gown Orders! See the attachments for information regarding placing your order online. FYI, We have a limited number of gowns and caps available for seniors to borrow. If you are interested in borrowing a cap or gown, please email Mrs. Pat Freeman at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need to provide Mrs. Freeman with your email address, height, and weight. See order info. here: EZ Order Form