Queen Elizabeth I (Political, Economic and Religious)
Queen Elizabeth was queen of England from 1558 until her death in 1603. Her reign is often called the Golden Age or the Elizabethan Age because it was a time of great achievement in England. Elizabeth made the Church of England, a Protestant religious group, the country's main church.
- 1533: Queen Elizabeth I was born
- 1554: Elizabeth becomes arrested for being involved with the attempt to overthrow Queen Mary
- 1558: Elizabeth becomes queen of England
- 1554: Elizabeth becomes imprisoned for suspicion of being involved with the overthrowing of Queen Mary
- 1587: England became supreme navel power with Queen Elizabeth leading the army to prevail against the Spanish
- 1603: Queen Elizabeth I dies