Which potting soil helps the best?
My Purpose statement
Planting Plants, fun or no fun ?
Guaranteed to be fun and rewarding!!!!!
- Potting Pots (x3)
- Different types of soil (x4) ( Natural Soil, Black Gold, Splendor Grow, and Miracle Grow.
- 1 packet of corn seeds
- 3 ice cream buckets
- 3 spoons ( silverware)
- 1/2 measuring cup
IV, DV, and CV's
DV: The height that the plant grows
CV: Hours of sunlight
CV:Amount of water
CV: Plant seed
CV: Amount of Potting Soil
CV: Amount of Natural Soil
2) Dig up 6 cups of natural soil from the ground
3) Mix in 3 cups of each brand of potting soil into 3 buckets like 3 cups of Miracle Grow goes into one bucket.
4) Label the buckets and the pots ( Miracle Grow and Natural Soil)
5) Put the natural soil into the potting pots ( 2 cups of natural soil per pot)
6) Transport the potting soil into each pot (Miracle Grow goes into one, while Black Gold goes into another)
7)Mix them together with 3 spoons, one per pot
8)Take your finger and dig a 2 or 3 cm hole and put the seed in , and cover it gently with dirt
9) Set your plants out in the sun for 8 hours a day. Put out early in the morning and take out late afternoon.
10) Give each plant 1/8 a cup of water.
11) Record the three plants' heights for eight days.
*Repeat steps 9,10, and 11 every day for eight days.
Observation/ Log Data
Day 2 Miracle Grow: 0 cm Black Gold: 0 cm Splendor Grow: 0 cm
Day 3 Miracle Grow: 0 cm Black Gold: 0 cm Splendor Grow: 0 cm
Day 4 Miracle Grow: 0 cm Black Gold: 0 cm Splendor Grow: 0 cm
Day 5 Miracle Grow: 0 cm Black Gold: 0 cm Splendor Grow: 0 cm
Day 6 Miracle Grow: 0 cm Black Gold: 0 cm Splendor Grow: 0 cm
Day 7 Miracle Grow : 1 cm Black Gold : 2 cm Splendor Grow: 2 cm
Day 8 Miracle Grow : 3 cm Black Gold : 4 cm Splendor Grow: 5 cm