The Paw Print
Principal Newsletter ~ Week of June 6, 2022
A Message from Mrs. Lucas
We are down to our last 9 days of school for the year. I can hardly believe it!
We really have had a successful year, especially given all that we've dealt with this year. If you can recall all the way back to last August, we welcomed our Bears back in masks, sitting six feet apart and the contact tracing that went along with positive cases was all consuming. Yet, our students and teachers navigated it all with ease, calm and an ever-positive attitude. I am especially proud of the perseverance of our students and staff to show up every day, as long as their health allowed, and put in the work needed to continue to learn and grow. We are seeing the efforts of that hard work paying off and my favorite place continues to be in classrooms and on the playground seeing our students and staff in action!
As we head into the last two weeks of the year, please be sure your children are arriving on time and that our drop off and pick up protocols are being followed. Safety continues to be the number one priority and I've seen some incidents at arrival and dismissal that are not wise decisions; U-turns in the street, turning left out of our parking lot when a right turn is what's permitted during those times, and students and parents crossing the staff parking lot as well as the crossing Brookhaven Ave NOT in the crosswalk. Parents, PLEASE follow the protocols in place and insist your children do as well. It is up to ALL of us to ensure everyone is safe. Thank you for your support and attention here.
Upcoming Events and Calendar
- June 9th ~ TK Field Trip to Pretend City
- June 9th ~ Kindergarten Fairy Tale Ball
- June 10th ~ TK Aloha Concert
- June 10th ~ Minimum Day - 12:45 pm dismissal K-6
- June 13th ~ Kindergarten Field Trip to Placentia FD
- June 14th ~ 6th Grade Promotion Party, John's Incredible Pizza
- June 15th ~ 6th Grade Promotion, 8:30 am
- June 16th ~ Last Day of School - 12:00 pm dismissal *Clap Out begins at 11:45 am
Brookhaven PTA News
We continue to thank our PTA Board and ALL our parent volunteers that make our school such a great place for our kids to learn and grow!
This month we thank...
- Emmy Chang, Natalie Salo, Erin Salcido, Christine Locht & Julie Perez - For our Funky Friday days
- Adrienne Elicker, Jen Lopez and Sara Pongetti - for organizing our Lost and Found
- Please click here to join our fabulous PTA! Brookhaven PTA membership is open to everyone ~ students, parents, grandparents, alumni and supporters. Your membership helps fund school assemblies, book fairs, field trip transportation, classroom supplies, library books and more!
We are very fortunate to have a dedicated, hardworking and generous PTA at Brookhaven! We have PTA President this year, Mrs. Traci Larson! If you are interested in being a part of our PTA and committees throughout the year, please get in touch with Traci here: firstname.lastname@example.org
School Emergency Drills
- Earthquake drills - students and staff
On-Going Mitigating Measures
- Shared Responsibility Symptom Screening should be done daily prior to the arrival of school. If your child has COVID symptoms, they must stay home.
- Handwashing stations are located around campus and hand sanitizer is located at the entrance of every classroom.
- Good hygiene habits will be taught and encouraged.
Helpful and Important Links
Online Data Confirmation ~ This MUST be updated for all students.