4th Grade News
May 9-13, 2016
The 4th graders finished their last ELA writing assessment this week. We will start the math assessment next week. There is no school tomorrow due to teacher professional learning. We hope to see you at the Spring Fling next Thursday! I think the students enjoyed our trip to the Hoover Museum and we will talk more about Hoover next week when we return to our Great Depression unit.
This week in math we started learning about using a protractor to measure and draw angles. We also found angle measurements by adding and subtracting and also learned the names of different polygons. I am excited to see how much they have grown on the core math test next week.
In reading we have continued reading Because of Winn-Dixie and talked about theme, comparing and contrasting and character development. In writing we spent our days working on the ELA opinion essay by first watching a video and then reading 2 articles to support our writing.
- Please read and sign your child's agenda daily.
- Read and Feed (20 minutes of reading a night) are due on Friday.
- Spelling homework is due every Friday.
Dates to Remember
- Friday, May 13th- No School
- Thursday, May 19th- Spring Fling
- Monday, May 30th-No School- Memorial Day
- Thursday, June 2nd- Last day of School-early dismissal-1:30