THE CAVALIER CHRONICLE
VERY IMPORTANT MEETING - ELECTION OF THE 2019 BOARD
The May regular meeting will be held Wednesday, May 8 at Red Lobster on Lavista Rd in Tucker. The social hour begins at 7:00 and the meeting begins at 7:30. We will be electing our 2019 Board, so please be sure to join us at the meeting.
2019 SUMMER SPECIALTY
Our August 24 & 25, 2019 Specialty Shows have been approved by AKC! We will be holding two concurrent Specialty shows with the Conyers KC. Saturday will be Puppy & Veteran Sweepstakes judged by Mr. James Schreffler (Stepamgar US) and Regular Classes with NOHS judged by Mr. Jean Tremblay (Halfmoon CAN). Sunday will be the fun 4 to under 6 months Beginner Puppy Competition and Regular Classes with NOHS all judged by Mrs. Jan Gallagher (Storyland US).
We will be holding a ringside silent auction. If you have any donations, please contact Paula Ayers. We appreciate and need your donations.
Also, we have our online store available to purchase placement sponsorships for the shows. You will be recognized ringside, in the premium (if received prior to April 1, 2019) and on the club website. Your generous support of the Specialty helps to make it truly special. Sponsorships can be found here: https://ckcscatlanta.org/2019-summer-specialty-trophy-store
The host hotel for our 2019 specialty will be The Drury Inn Hotel, located at 6520 S Lee Street, Morrow, GA 30260.
WE ARE INVITED! SAVE THE DATE!
The seminar will be hosted by Allprovide Pet Foods, 1755 Young Ct, Norcross, GA 30093.
The day will include Seminar, Cooking Demo, and Allprovide tour.
Saturday, September 7, 2019 at 12PM - 5PM
Allprovide Pet Foods 1755 Young Cr, Norcross, GA 30093
Tickets available at www.drjudymorgan.com
CREATE THE CLUB YOU DESIRE
WHAT TO DO IF A PET IS CHOKING
You can perform the Heimlich maneuver on animals.
- Lift a small pet, or reach over the back of a large one and raise the back legs, so that the rear end is elevated over the head.
- Place your hands around the lowest part of the chest and give a quick, gentle thrust inward and upward.
- Remember to scale the force of your thrust to the size of your pet. For small pets, imagine you are performing this on an infant or toddler.
RECIPE OF THE MONTH
SLOW COOKER DOG FOOD
Here is just one idea of an easy and delicious slow cooker dog food. If you avoid pea protein with your dogs, eliminate the frozen peas.
– 2 1/2-3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs and breasts
– 1 sweet potato, cubed
– 2 carrots, sliced
– 2 c. frozen green beans
– 2 c. frozen peas
– 1 large or 2 med apples, cored and cubed (no seeds!!)
– 1 can of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
– 2 tbsp olive oil
1. Place meat in the crockpot and add water so that it just covers the chicken. Then, add potato, carrots, kidney beans, green beans, and apple.
2. Cook on low for 8-9 hours, when it is about finished, add the frozen peas and cook for another 30 minutes.
3. When finished, drain off excess liquid, add olive oil, and stir to mash (or place in a food processor).
4. When cooled, scoop daily servings into individual Ziploc bags and freeze. Each night, remove one bag from the freezer and place in the fridge to defrost overnight.