Christ The King School News Notes
January 5, 2020
Message from Principal Smith
Dear CKS Parents,
It has been wonderful to welcome back all our students this week! We are so blessed! I have thought throughout the school year about the many blessings of our students. The privilege and benefit of in-person learning with their peers is something our children can truly recognize now, though they might not have appreciated it previously.
I am so thankful for all the hard work of our faculty and staff. Long hours were put in throughout the spring and summer to prepare for a school year that we knew would be different; we were just unsure of how different it would be. We researched, collaborated, and put so many things in place to keep our students and staff safe. The teachers had to overcome many obstacles and to think outside the box. They continue to put forth great effort and to work together to give our students everything they can to succeed academically.
I also want to say, again, how much I appreciate you, our parents. Your support has been tremendous. We could not have accomplished all we have so far without that support. We look forward to continuing a year that still will be known for its many challenges, but one that will realize great success. We are CKS Strong because we work together.
Thank you and God bless,
Paula Smith, Ed. S.
Christ the King School
- If you test positive or quarantine, please notify the school's COVID contact. We are required to report these during virtual and in-person instruction.
- If you are in contact with someone who tests positive for COVID-19 for 15 minutes or more within a 24 hour period, you must quarantine. For the most accurate results, it is recommended that you get tested no sooner than 5 days after your known exposure to the positive case.
- Quarantining is defined as staying at home for 14 days after the known exposure, watching symptoms and checking temperature twice a day. This means not just quarantining from school, but all public locations.
- When dropping off students' forgotten materials at school, please leave them outside the school's door, and buzz the front desk to arrange retrieval.
- Masks must be worn on school property at all times. Please make sure to wear your mask when coming to the front door.
As questions arise about the policies and procedures that we have put in place due to COVID-19, we wish for our parents to have a point of contact for their questions. For the upcoming year, our nurse, Shayna Elmore, will be available full-time during the school day. She will be our school’s COVID Contact. Please direct your COVID-related questions via email to email@example.com or call (859) 266-5641.
If you have any questions about whether your child can be in attendance, please reach out to Nurse Elmore, our COVID contact. It is of utmost importance that we maintain the health and safety of our school community.
If your child is in isolation or quarantine, please contact Nurse Elmore, so that we can ensure that students can continue learning via the hybrid plan if they are well enough to do so. Her contact information is firstname.lastname@example.org
CKS Travel Policy
Many have come to us concerned about families traveling. We all have to be protective of our cohorts.
In order for us to preserve face-to-face instruction of our students at school, we have to be extra careful with the choices we each make. We, of course, want our children to have all the typical experiences; however, we have to remember that making sacrifices for the short term will help prevent the spread of the virus, and reduce long-term negative effects on the school’s reopening and the health and safety of our children, faculty, and staff.
If you travel to or through any current hotspots, students have to quarantine for two weeks. The best place to go to check hotspots, which are states with 15% positive testing rates, is https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/.
Keep in mind that there are considerable swings and changes in all states and they can change even while you are traveling.
Parents will need to fill out this pre-screening form daily with respect to their children who attend Christ the King School. You may submit this either the evening before your child(ren) will attend class on campus, or in the morning before bringing your child(ren) to school; HOWEVER, if you submit this form the evening before and circumstances change between then and the morning, you should resubmit and take action accordingly. A SYMPTOMATIC CHILD, OR ONE WITH A TEMPERATURE OF 100.4° OR ABOVE, SHOULD NOT BE BROUGHT TO SCHOOL.
On the school website: https://ctkschool.net/covid-19/prescreening
Alternate link if the website is offline: https://forms.gle/ULdZnyJdmUrLsUtb8
- When a cohort goes into quarantine, including the teacher, the students will use the full online plan that includes synchronous (or live-streamed video) learning.
- When individual students quarantine, without their cohort/teacher, or chooses to learn from home, he/she will use the hybrid plan that includes asynchronous (pre-recorded video) learning ONLY.
- When a student is sick with allergies, strep etc. or on a trip he/she will complete missing work as normal, using Google Classroom and Ren-Web to keep up. The student has as many days as he/she misses to make up the work.
Recent communications from CKS, along with links to COVID-19 Resources: https://ctkschool.net/covid-19
Prayer list: https://ctkschool.net/covid-19/prayer-request-list
Prayer Request Form: https://ctkschool.net/covid-19/prayer-request-form
If you would like to make a donation to those struggling during this time or if you need help, please contact us: https://ctkschool.net/covid-19/covid-19-tuition-relief-fund
Thank you parents!
Summer Catechesis Opportunities for Children
Before you book your 2021 summer vacations, be sure to plan around the Cathedral’s
amazing Catechesis opportunities for children!
Totus Tuus - June 20-25 (changed)
Vacation Bible School – July 26 - 30
More information to come: www.cathedralctk.org
January 15, 2021 2nd Trimester Midterm
January 12- February 5, 2021 MAP testing
January 11-12-13, 2021 2nd Grade First Reconciliation
January 13, 2021 8th Grade Confirmation Virtual Sponsor Night
January 18, 2021 MLK Day, No School
Renrollment/Tuition/ FACTS: David Stromquist, email@example.com
Admissions: Amy Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org
Technology Support: Vince Mongiardo, email@example.com
Communications: Kelley Taylor, firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID Exposure, Positive, Health Related Questions: Shayna Elmore, email@example.com