THE DESIGN CYCLE PLAN FOR THE G8 UNIT EXTREME MAKEOVER
My Detailed Plan
Monday 6th (design and plan)
- 2 hours: I will use SMORE and complete the design section for my Design Technology classroom design using google sketchup.
- 30 minutes: I will insert all my designs, explain them and evaluate them
- 30 minutes: I will create my final design and justify
- The resources I will use will be smore.com, camera, pencil, paper and a word-processor.
- For homework I will spend 1hr preparing a detailed PLAN and for this I will need the internet, a diary, a computer and smore.com
Tuesday 7th (investigation)
- For homework I will research on the internet for examples of DT workshops around the world and focus on layout (30 min) and focus on the contents (30min)(tools, tables, machines, benches, etc.) and this will help guide my own creation.
Wednesday 8th (create)
- 30 minutes - I will get the basic measurements of the building from my friend who have measured the building
- I will recheck my Plan, Design and Investigate too see if I could make improvements.
- resources - sketchup, computer, design, paper and pencil
- 30 minutes: I will create the grass outside of the building to make the model look realistic outside and also to make it look nice and not just a boring building model.
- 30 minutes: I will work on the walkway. This would take 30 minutes as I try to draw my path and color it in
- 15 minutes: I will create trees and I will place them around the building to give my model a "natural" feel.
Friday 10th (create)
- I would spend 1 hour working on the furniture and if I finished a quarter of the furniture before 1 hour I would work on the surroundings. If I do not finish a quarter of the furnitures in time then I would take out as much time as needed from my personal time.
Saturday 11th (create)
- I will spend 1 hour on building the walls and I would try to get my measurements as close as possible. After this I would see my design again and I would make it better if possible. Also if I do not complete the walls in 1 hour then I would take out as much personal time as needed to complete the walls.
Sunday 12th (create)
- I will spend 1 hour doing the windows. If I don't finish the windows in 1 hour then I would take out as much time as needed to complete the windows from my personal time. If I were to complete the windows in 1 hour or maybe earlier I would start drawing the basic shapes of the doors.
Monday 13th (create)
- I will work on the furniture again. I will spend 1 hour to work on the furniture. My goal is to complete 50% of the furniture for now. If I completed my furniture I would use the time to see if I can improve the furniture or design. If I don't finish 50% of the furniture in 1 hour. I would take out as much time as needed from my personal time to work on the furniture.
Tuesday 14th (create)
- I would use 1 hour to work on the furnitures. My goal is to complete 75% of the furnitures. If I were to fail to complete 75% of the furnitures in 1 hour then I would take out as much time from my personal time as needed to complete 75% of the furnitures.
Wednesday 15th (create)
- I would plan on using 1 hour to finish my furnitures completely. If I were to fail to complete my furnitures in one hour then I would take out as much time as needed from my personal time to finish the furnitures. If I were to complete the furnitures before 1 hour then I would continue working on the furnitures to see if there are any improvements that I can make.
Thursday 16th (create)
- I will use 20 minutes to finish the doors around the buildings. I would have it colored and I would make sure that it is thinner than the wall. After finishing the doors I would make sure that my building has a ceiling. Its thickness would be as close to the walls as possible.
Friday 17th (evaluate and submit design cycle report)
- -I will let my friends evaluate me design and I will evaluate and submit design cycle report with my building model.
My plan has a set amount of time for each part. I have a part that I have to work on everyday. I would allow myself extra time and be flexible. I would use my personal time to finish the work that I set. I've split my work out nicely into parts so that I could work on it in detail. I also have a backup plan if I finish my work before the time that I set. This plan would tell me what to do even if I'm new to the unit.
Reflection of my plan
My plan allows me to complete my work in detail. I did not need to rush my work. I had a back up plan for if I finished before time or didn't finish before time.