ISST Distance Learning Updates
May 5, 2020
NSSD Professional Learning Resources
Mrs. Duncan has organized the many professional learning opportunities made available for teachers in one spot. Three sections have been created; Core Professional Learning, Instructional Technology and Content-Specific. These resources will support staff in this complex learning environment and provide opportunities for teachers to continue their professional learning.
Continue to reach out for help!
Oregon’s Teaching and Learning Online Webinar Series
This series of the 30 minute webinars is designed to provide strategies and practical approaches to support educators who now find themselves teaching online. Registration links are provided with each of the session descriptions. Please join us!
Report Cards 2019-20
- Grades K-3 will be inputting grades for Quarter 3 and 4 as normal using P=Pass and G=No Grade. Some overrides may be necessary.
- Grades 4-12 will be completing a semester grade using P=Pass and G=No Grade. The majority of grades will have to be done by using overrides in the system.
WESD Communities of Practice
Introduction: “Brainstorming best practices with Distance Learning is what we are all doing right now, and the ability to collaborate with neighboring districts at the click of a button and share ideas is invaluable - we are all in this together as we say, so working together is important - the Community of Practice is that opportunity.” WESD
WEEKLY COMMUNITIES OF PRACTICE SCHEDULE
SUBJECT TO ADJUSTMENTS
- Tuesdays: Kinder-Grade 2 / 10am-11am K-2 Zoom link
Interim Assessments Made Available for Students
1. Smarter Balanced Interim Assessment
- The Smarter Balanced Interim Assessment system is now ready to utilize. Please refer to the Quick Guide to Administering Smarter Balanced Interim Assessments Remotely
- Teachers have access to all the Digital Library Resources for both online and print delivery.
- Interim Assessment items cannot be printed and are to be treated as secure items presented via the Interim Assessment System.
2. Sample Item Website (New Print Features)
- To further support Distance Learning for All resources the Sample Items Website now includes print functionality. Sample items can be used as another tool to collect evidence of student learning when aligned with Oregon's essential standards.
- To support educators in accessing the Sample Item Website and using the print feature, please use the following tutorial video.
- Sample Items and Sample Tests can be printed and distributed for Distance Learning for All.
3. Formative Assessment Practices At-A-Glance (Quick one-pager)
- For more information, check out the formative assessment professional learning resource and formative assessment process video on the Tools for Teachers website
The 2020-21 school year is shaping up to be a challenging budget year. With this in mind, please understand supply budgets may need to be reduced accordingly.
Buildings will receive spreadsheets to input their 2020-2021 curriculum orders this week. Please fill out each column with as many details as possible. All requests need to be entered onto the spreadsheet by May 26th. Principals will approve or deny building requests May 27-June 1. ISST will review all requests and send responses out to buildings and principals on decisions by June 12. Ordering will begin July 7th. Bi-weekly emails with updates will be sent out to building principals over the summer. If there are any complications with any orders, such as backorders, it will be included in the updates.
- Here is the Link to the 2020-21 order form. At the bottom you will find your own tab. If you have a request please fill out each column/line to the best of your ability, to ensure I order the correct item. Please let Sara know if you have any questions!
Invitation Letter Elevating Student Voices ODE
Link to full article HERE