SWES Principal News & Notes 9/25
Super Gators: Learn - Achieve - Succeed
What's Happening around SWES:
- September 25th - Picture Re-take Day (uniform)
- September 26th - October 6th Unify Benchmark Progress Monitoring Grades 1 - 5
- September 28th - Title I Annual Parent Meeting (select to attend at 10:30 a.m. or 5:30 p.m.)
- September 29th - $1 GBIS Dress Down Day: Wear your favorite college, sports team or Gator Spirit shirt (jeans without tears/rips allowed)
- October 6th - $1 Pickles & Popcorn Spirit Day
- October 16th - 20th PTA Book Fair
- October 17th - Perfect Attendance (1st Quarter) Celebration
- October 20th - Gator Behavior Interventions & Supports (GBIS) Celebration for students who earned the behavior points goal for Quarter 1
- October 23rd - Red Ribbon Week
- We are waiting for the revised report cards (go home) date
Title 1 Parent Compacts/Titulo I Compacto de Padre
- Parent Compacts will be sent out Monday 9/25/17 once again/El lunes, 25/9/17 tus hijos van a traer otra vez los compactos del programa Titulo I a la casa
- Sign and return the parent form. Your child needs to return it to their classroom teacher on Tuesday 9/26/17/ Porfavor regresa el formato firmado con tu hijo el martes, 26/9/17
- The first class from each grade level to have 100% of the forms turned in will have a sno cone party!
The Title I parent compact is a written agreement between the School and the Parents of children participating in Title I programs that identifies the activities that the parents, the entire school staff, and the students will undertake to share the responsibilities for improved student academic achievement./El Título I Compacto de Padres es un acuerdo escrito entre la Escuela y los Padres y los niños que participan en programas que identifica las actividades que los padres, el personal escolar y los estudiantes se comprometerán en compartir las responsabilidades para el mejoramiento del logro académico estudiantil.
Title 1 Annual Parent Meeting - Programa Titulo I junta de padres
When/Cuando: Thursday, September 28th.
Select the 10:30 a.m. or 5:30 p.m. meeting/hay dos horarios que tu puedes seleccionar (10:30 a.m. o 5:30 p.m.)
Where/Donde: Southwest Elementary Room 418
Attendance HERO (Here Everyday Ready & On Time)
Monday, September 25th we will recognize all students that have had 100% perfect attendance from August 3rd - September 22nd (up to our 1st progress report). Perfect Attendance means that the student is on time and stays all day. If your child is late or leaves early they aren't counted as having perfect attendance. The day before and two days after the school closure for Hurricane Irma were not counted against any child for identifying perfect attendance.
Million Book Challenge
We are continuing the district's Balanced Literacy Million Book Challenge and welcome any gently used books from parents, community members and organizations. If you have any gently used childrens books that you would like to donate to our school please bring them to SWES and drop them off in our book donation box or with our Media Specialist; Mrs. Leslie Carelock.