Week of September 28th- October 2nd
What did we learn this week?
Right now, we have 10 literacy stations the kids rotate through. We are learning to cooperate together while we complete letter matching, alphabet tracing, word hunts around the room, spelling words with magnetic letters and sorting our names!
We are working hard on our number recognition, creating patterns, and groups of objects to represent a number!!
Science - living/nonliving
After learning the 4 questions to find out if something is living/nonliving- we practiced with a sort!
Does it need food?
Does it need air?
Does it reproduce/spread seeds?
Does it it grow/change?
Next Week We Will...
- Unit: Community Helpers! Focusing on the color GREEN, Character and Setting
- Letters: M- words that start and end with letter M, and writing the letter M
- Sight words- old words- go, like, I, am, the, is New words: a, to, little
- Math: Writing the numbers 1-8 and counting small groups of objects
- Science: Introducing Fish and Mealworms!
Our Schedule Next Week:
Monday: Monthly Presentations due!! Make sure to practice at home with your child!
P.E Day & Library- BRING YOUR LIBRARY BOOKS TO SCHOOL!!!
**Picture Day!! We will be taking school pictures for the yearbook- just from the shoulders up. No need to wear pretty shoes because they will not be seen in the picture. Please wear tennis shoes! :)
Thursday: GREEN DAY!! Please dress your child in GREEN clothes today!!
E-Time & Family Friday Lunch -- students are in cafeteria at 10:10- I know the office gets really busy. The only thing I can say is try and get their early in order to get through the office on time to eat with your kiddo.
Click the link below to sign up for a parent/teacher conference!
Monthly Presentations due MONDAY!!!!
I haven't had any questions regarding your child's monthly presentation- I can't decide if I should be worried you didn't recieve the paper or maybe you are so excited and don't have any questions!??
Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have questions regarding the presentations. They will be due back to school Monday the 28th! Please practice at home with your child so they feel as prepared as they can!! Don't forget to have your child have a VISUAL in their presentation to help guide them in what to say.
What can I do at home to help my child??
- First and foremost- practice writing your child's name EVERY NIGHT. I can't beg you to do this enough :)
- Writing the alphabet letters- capital and lowercase. If you need alphabet paper from me, just ask!
- Practice writing numbers 1-10
- Counting to 20 (at least) ... and backwards from 20!!
- Tying their shoes by themselves!!!
- Writing their sight words from the week- I always list the new words in the "next week we will above"
- Read with your child EVERY night or as much as you can!! Please, please, please!
Click the link below to volunteer to help with lunch/recess with a teacher!!
Mark Your Calendar!
September 28th- September presentations DUE!! Please return scripts/visuals to school for students to present
September 29th- PICTURE DAY!!! Please see above for thoughts on clothes.
October 1st- GREEN DAY-- please wear green
October 5th-9th- parent conferences week
October 9th- no school for students!! Staff will be holding parent conferences