April 15, 2019
End of Year Purchases Reminders
First, thank you all for a great year of purchase orders, fundraising, checks, deposits and all the fun financial things that go on @ PSHS. Jori and I appreciate your working so patiently with us as we find our way through this ever-changing maze of financial procedures.
Let’s get down to business….
MAY 1, 2019….THE DATE TO REMEMBER AS YOU PLAN THESE LAST FEW WEEKS.
- Personal checks from anyone for any event/purchase to PSHS will not be accepted on/after MAY 1, 2019….It is cash or money order only!
- Please be done with all of your ordering of supplies, etc. before the deadline…..that includes Office Depot, School Specialty, Amazon….anything you want to order from any vendor…..please get your po request form or email to us before May 1. Please think of any items you are needing to order for end-of-year classroom and extra curricular events….such as awards, trophies, ribbons, and food. If you need to know your balance in your account, please email Jori for 911 and 865 accounts and me for 199 accounts.
- Submit all check requests before MAY 1….clinicians, expense reports, reimbursements, registration fees…..any check requests.
- Retail card…..please get your last request for month of May to me before May 1.
- Grant awards….These follow the same procedures as a regular purchase order, so if you have grant money, be sure you use it and get your requests to me before May 1.
- We know there will be last minute things that come up, and we will work with you on those.
- Please do your very best (as you always do) to take a few moments to think about wrapping up this school year and remembering this MAY 1 DEADLINE.
Let’s all work together to close this year and be done! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!
Jori & Shauna
If you work with a booster club,...
· When is an audit conducted?
o An audit should be conducted:
§ at the end of the fiscal year
§ when there is a change in treasurer
§ when there is a change in any officer who signs Booster Club checks
- Final step for the annual audit for each booster club:
- The audited financial report should be signed by all members of the audit committee and submitted to the campus principal or designee no later than August 1 following the end of the fiscal year
In addition to a completed financial report, the campus principal or designee should also have a copy of the bylaws for each booster club.
Important Dates Through END OF THE YEAR!
4/15 -- Run Progress Reports for all students
4/15 -- ASVAB Testing available to all interested students. See Michelle Mendoza.
4/15 -- National Merit Dinner
4/16 -- Distribute Progress Reports to all students
4/16-18 -- Band UIL
4/18 -- AVID Banquet, Cafeteria
4/19-22 -- Holiday
4/23-24 -- AP Pre-Administration, Lecture Hall
4/24 -- Faculty Meetings, lunches, C111
4/24 -- Spring Fashion Show
4/25-26 -- Sing -- Music Corp spring concert, Theatre, 7:30 p.m.
4/26 -- Blood Drive
4/26-27 -- State VASE, San Marcos
4/27-28 -- PROM
4/29 -- Three-week eligibility check
5/1 -- Senior Lunch, Gym
5/3 -- Staff Appreciation Lunch
5/3-4 -- Percussion Concert, Spettacolo, Theatre
5/6-16 -- AP testing
5/6 -- Senior Awards, Theatre, 6 p.m.
5/6-10 -- Teacher Appreciation Week
5/7 -- AP Art Show, Cafeteria, after school
5/8 -- US History EOC and AP LIterature testing, schoolwide
5/9 -- Teacher of the Year Banquet
5/9 -- Dallas High School Musicals Awards
5/10 -- Pops by the Pond
5/11 -- PSHS Automotive Classes Classic Car Show, Independence Parking Lot
5/16 -- Band Prism Concert
5/21-24 -- Final Exams
5/21 -- Graduation Rehearsal, Gym
5/24 -- Senior Checkout, Gym
6/8 -- Graduation, Frisco Star, 9:30 a.m.
8/1-2 -- Teachers return. Campus inservice on those two days.
I. Campus and Personal Trade Hours: Do you have your hours???
Time to take a pulse check! Wondering how many hours you have logged as campus and personal trade hours? Just email Coryn and she’ll tell you!
II. There are still opportunities to sign up for Wellness PD. Here is the form to sign. We have adjusted the form so that you can sign up for multiple activities/dates at once. Hope you'll participate in these great activities designed to encourage a little self care!
III. Here are the dates when we will have campus pdh. These will also be in the lecture hall from 7:45-8:30, 3:30-4:15, and 4:30-5:15 each day.
5/16/19 Collaborative teaming (progress assessment and planning)/Ashley Helms (afternoon times in C111)
These DO count toward your flex/trade hours.
IV. Campus Restorative Team -- Next session is THIS WEEK!
The SEL / Restorative Practices team has been working to put together several sessions of Professional Development for you to attend.
Most of the sessions are available to earn PD credit towards your required number of hours.
We are offering a variety of times for the session throughout the day.
Click the link below to register for the date, time, and room you are interested in. You may sign up for one each month or just select the one(s) that interest you.
We look forward to sharing these strands with you this spring semester.
IV. Our district Social Emotional Learning/Restorative Practices training sessions are now open for enrollment in MyLearning Plan. Please share with your staff members as you see fit.
April 17 --3:30-5:30- Adult SEL Competence and Wellness- Bird Center-Building A
- JV & VARSITY LADY WILDCATS vs. McKinney Boyd at PSHS, Tue. Apr. 16th. JV plays at 5:00pm and Varsity plays at 7:00pm.
- JV & VARSITY LADY WILDCATS vs. Prosper at Prosper, Thu. Apr. 18th. JV plays at 5:00pm and Varsity plays at 7:00pm.
- JV & VARSITY WILDCATS vs. McKinney Boyd, Tue. Apr. 16th at McKinney Boyd. JV plays at 4:30pm and Varsity plays at 7:30pm.
- JV & VARSITY WILDCATS vs. McKinney Boyd, Thu. Apr. 18th at PSHS. JV plays at 4:30pm and Varsity plays at 7:30pm.
- WILDCATS at Area 9/10 6A Meet, Thu. Apr. 18th at Williams Stadium in Garland.
- WILDCATS vs. Plano East, Thu. Apr. 18th at Clark. Time is 7:30pm.