Important updates and news 1/31/2022
Week Four (Spring Semester)
Happy Lunar New Year (February 1st)!
This semester is going incredibly fast and as the weather warms and we have more daylight, I hope you are all taking the time to enjoy the outdoors. Below are important announcements and wonderful opportunities.
Together, we will get through this and keep each other safe!
Important Announcements for Families & Students
- All students and staff test weekly on Wednesdays through February at STEM. If you are absent, get tested on your own at one of these locations.
- All students and staff must show a Daily Pass QR Code & wear surgical style masks with a nose wire to access campus each day at 7:30 AM! Learn how to get a Daily Pass by clicking here. (dailypass.lausd.net)
- Everyone needs help some times; do you need help? Check out these community resources!
Not Getting Phone and Text Notifications?
Parents and employees can choose to Opt back into receiving Outreach (general) messages by calling (855) 502-7867 from any phone number that was previously Opted-Out.
You can also sign up for Parent Portal and get notifications on the Schoology App!
We are here to help! Call 323-817-6461 M-F 8-4PM
News for Teachers
Announcements for Teachers and Staff
- Happy Lunar New Year!! Teach & Learn about the Lunar New Year HERE
- Employees who test positive for Covid-19 and wish to return early (day 6) must take a rapid antigen test at an LAUSD testing site and can not take an at-home or outside rapid antigen test.
- Do you have 3 or more positive cases in one period during a single weekly testing cycle? Let me know right away!
- The 5 week grading window opens this Thursday and closes 2pm next Thursday 2/10/2022. We will start printing report cards around 2pm on 2/10, please ensure all your grades are uploaded before then and remember that Advisory is Pass or No Pass.
- Checkout the Community Building and Restorative Practices Handbook with activities for every month of the year!
- We will be Covid-19 Testing on Wednesday in the following order: 11th, 12th, 9th and 10th grade during periods 4, 5, 6 and 7 respectfully.
- Did you know you can find commonly used links for staff on our website HERE?
- ALWAYS check in at the STEM office first thing in the morning with your Daily Pass!
Principal at STEM Academy of Hollywood