February 5th, 2016
The quality of our expectations determines the quality of our actions. --Andre Godin
A special thanks is extended to our wonderful support staff. Our teaching assistants go above and beyond to promote student success. We're all so thankful for you and your contribution to Meadowview.
Thanks goes out to our special ed and bilingual team for working behind the scenes to ensure all PARCC accomodations are accurate and ready to be sent to the state.
Access testing is complete. Yahoo! Great job, team!!!
Great job continuing the Google Challenge!
Danielson 4d: Participating in a Professional Community
Teacher maintains cordial relationships with colleagues to fulfill duties that the school or district requires. Teacher participates in the school's culture of professional inquiry when invited to do so. Teacher participates in school events and school and district projects when specifically asked.
Teacher's relationships with colleagues are characterized by MUTUAL support and cooperation. Teacher ACTIVELY participates in a culture of PROFESSIONAL INQUIRY. Teacher VOLUNTEERS to participate in school events and in school and district projects, making a SUBSTANTIAL contribution.
So you'll see that in order to earn a proficient in this area, you'll have to go above and beyond attending Monday Meetings, PLCs, mid-day collaboration, etc. Examples of regularly participating in a culture of professional inquiry include, but are not limited to, the following (and none of which include being invited by the principal)...
- Attending and participating in Internal University courses or engaging in any other professional job-related coursework
- Actively attending, participating in, and facilitating PLCs when coach or principal is not present
- Engaging in professional reading on a regular basis AND applying it in classroom
- Visiting other classrooms to observe colleagues
- Meeting with colleagues outside the building to learn from others
- Using the instructional coach to model lessons and then implement what was learned
- Trying something NOT required by the district (i.e. Genius Hour, Team Teaching, Guided Math, etc.)
- Taking initiative to learn more about writer's workshop, reader's workshop, conferencing, etc. and then implementing it in your classroom
- Not waiting for the district to provide your professional development, but rather taking the initiative to learn something on your own
Going to a conference one time per year does not constitute actively participating in a culture of professional inquiry. Also, note the word MUTUAL in the proficient category. Do you support your colleagues as much as they support you? Do you offer them ideas, resources, etc?
Please reach out to me if you need further clarification or advice on how you can strengthen this area, if necessary.
Notes and Reminders
Please do not use the color copier in the office. If you NEED to make color copies, please reach out to me for approval prior to printing.
Please begin each parent/teacher conference with a positive comment regarding each child (which I'm sure many of you already do).
If you need any assistance or support for parent/teacher conferences, please let me know.
Meadowview students made incredible growth in writing last year. Please ensure you are continuing to stay faithful to the writing unit pacing and the high expectations outlined in the Calkins' rubrics and checklists.
Notify me immediately if you do not have access to Pearson for PARCC. Most non-classroom teachers do not need access.
For collaboration purposes, it's a B week.
Monday, February 8th
EL Achieve Training (Janet and Linda out)
Tuesday, February 9th
EL Achieve Admin Training (Reg out)
Wednesday, February 10th
Papa's Pizza PTO Restaurant Fundraiser
Thursday, February 11th
No School for EC/Pre-K
K-6 Half Day of School for Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Kindergarten sessions will be AM 8:20 to 10:00 and then PM students attend from 10:00 to 11:40 AM
- Grades 1-6 dismissal at 11:40 AM
Friday, February 12th
No School, Parent Teacher Conferences
Mark Your Calendars...
Monday, February 15th - No School, Presidents Day
Tuesday, February 16th - Assessment and Grading Taskforce Meeting
Thursday, February 18th - PTO Meeting, 6:30pm, EC/PreK representing
Friday, February 19th - 5th Grade Robert Crown Field Trip in AM
Friday, February 19th - PTO Movie Night, 6:30pm
Monday, February 22nd - Monday Meeting, 3pm
Monday, February 22nd - School Board Meeting, 7:30pm, JJH
Tuesday, February 23rd - Admin Meeting, Reg out in AM
Wednesday, February 24th - Science Committee Meeting
Thursday, February 25th - Band Concert (PM)