Mrs. Johnson's First Grade
WE RISE BY LIFTING OTHERS 😊
Weekly News and Reminders for the week of February 8th-February 12th
Dear classroom family,
***We will be having a classroom special snack on Friday*** The students will hand out Valentine's to each of their friends and we will celebrate for Fun Friday!!!!!!!
***Classroom pictures will be taken on February 11th***
If you want your child to have a picture, please complete the form that was sent home and return it the school.
***Please remember to send a water bottle and a healthy snack with your child each day (the fountains are not in use for drinking only refilling water bottles)***
- Please remember to bring a pair of headphones to keep at school for your child if they do not have a pair here.
- School doors will open at 7:30 (students will not wait in the cafeteria this year)
- Please remember to bring your Chromebooks EVERYDAY to school. The students will be taking them back and forth.
- Please wear a mask that fits their face each day so you can be can safe.
- Please remember to sign your child's Attestation Form each day either on car line when you drop off or at bus pick up (this is the small card that that says your child does not have any Covid symptoms - we will send your child a new card when it gets filled up
- Temperatures will be taken at school as students arrive using a thermal scanner - anyone with a temperature over 100.4 will not be allowed to stay.
***Please make sure you child knows how they are getting home everyday. If it changes from what we have, you must send a note with your child or let us know before 2:00 pm. *** Your child's safety and education is my number one goal****
"I CAN" Statements for the week.
R.I.1.1 Identify the main topic and retell key details of a text.
1.RF.3c I can explain final -e and common vowel team conventions for representing long vowel sounds.
1.OA.1- Represent and solve addition and subtraction word problems, within 20, with unknowns
1.OA.2 -Represent and solve word problems that call for addition of three whole numbers whose sum is less than or equal to 20
1.MEH.1.1 Use effective communication to express and cope with emotions. using "Zones of Regulations"
1.C.1 I can tell about Lunar New Year and how it is celebrated.