"In it, to win it!"
Week of October 12th thru October 16th, 2015
- Our main purpose is to improve student academic achievement.
- Effective instruction makes the most difference in student academic performance.
- There is no excuse for poor quality instruction.
- With our help, at risk students will achieve at the same rate as non-at risk students.
- Staff members must have a commitment to children and a commitment to the pursuit of excellence.
2015 - 2016 Goals
1. 98% attendance rate for both teachers and students.
2. Earning 3 Distinctions in either math, reading, science, student progress or closing the achievement gap.
We are engaged in the exact professional activities geared towards our goals: Watch Teams, Cougar Huddles, 2 week lesson planning, creation of common rigorous assessments, RTI, structured PLCS, Friday FUNdamentals, content support provided by instructional coaches and grade-level leads, and data driven conversations. We must be fully committed to these practices and see them as opportunities to increase our instructional practice and to bring the best to our students every day.
*Teachers, how will you recognize students in the 2nd six weeks meeting the 98% attendance rate? For us to make the gains we need, our students must be here every day. Thank you for supporting perfect attendance in our students.
1. Mrs. Esparza's 3A Class: 98.9%
2. Mr. Amaya's 5A Class: 98.8%
3. 1C: 98.8 %
4. Ms. O'Leary's 2D Class: 98.4 %
5. Ms. Arealo's 4A Class: 98.3%
Deepening Your Professional Knowledge and Practice Series
Curriculum and Instruction
LO's and DOL's
Aligned Learning Objectives and Demonstrations of Learning should be located in the front of the classroom in legible print. Remember, they are for students to access.
The campus is doing a good job with Reasoning Mind implementation.
The district is collecting data on RM implementation. Each campus will complete a RM survey to collect data on RM implementation. 2nd and 3rd grade teachers, follow your RM schedule. Classroom data will be captured the district.
Mrs. Henry is the administrator for RTI. She will be contacting teachers regarding upcoming meetings and how to move through the RTI process as teachers. This addresses Domain 1, 2, and 3.
- RTI during PLCs
- Book Fair Begins
- Flu Clinic
- SAM Meeting
Tuesday, Oct. 13th,
- Arts Partner Meeting
- Principal for a Day Event
Wednesday, Oct. 14th
- LPAC Meeting @ 4:30 pm, Library
- PD for Classroom Management @ 6 pm, SMU
Thursday, Oct. 15th
- Parent - Teacher Conference
Friday, Oct. 16th
- Book Fair Ends
- CILT @ 4:30 pm