Mini Pack Update 4/8/2016
Dear Scott Families,
Scott Elementary presents it's 2016 "SPRING into Healthy Choices" Fair on Thursday, April 14th from 6:30-7:30pm. Bring your family out to have fun learning about how to get fit, stay active and make healthy choices! Our 30 vendors will have interactive displays, demos and great information. Plus, you don't want to miss out on a chance to win one of these AWESOME PRIZES from our drawing! We greatly appreciate your effort in helping our Scott families live a healthy lifestyle!
Thank you to the following businesses for their support!
Advocare - Box of Spark & a box of Rehydrate
American Heart Association - Lunch tote, T-shirt & Ball
Aqua-Tots - 1 month of Swim lessons ($124 value)
Beachbody - FIXATE Healthy Cookbook & box of Energize & Hydrate
Clown Around Party Rental - Providing Free Obstacle Course Jump House during Health Fair
Dallas Cowboys Camps - 1 Pass for Summer Football Camp & 1 Pass for Dance Camp
Dallas Stars/Dr Pepper StarCenter-Frisco - FREE Semester of our Ice Skating Academy that includes skates to use and a Family 4-Pack for Public Skating
Dallas Stars Youth Hockey Club - 2016 team signed Little Rookies jersey
doTERRA - Lavender Oil
ER at Stonebridge - Gift Basket
Explore Horizons - “Explore Horizons is a tutoring and enrichment company that specializes in math, reading, and writing for children of all ability levels in pre-k through 8th grade. We design individualized learning plans to help children gain confidence, make academic progress, excel on the STAAR exam, and become successful lifelong learners.” - 1 month free membership which has a $270 value ($195 monthly membership fee + $75 registration fee).
FC Dallas - 2 vouchers for 4 tickets
FIT4MOM - 1 month of classes free
Frisco Athletic Center Gym - 3 month Free family Gym membership
Frisco Athletic Center Zumba Kids - 1 month session Free ($45 value)
Frisco Athletic Center Super Summer Fun Days/Friday Fun Nights - 1 Free week summer camp ($90 value)
Frisco Family & Sports Chiropractic - Gift Card
Infinite Performance - 1 month of Free training
Norwex - Cleaning product
Orangetherory Fitness - Orangetheory swag bag with goodies & 2 week free voucher worth $350
Pure Plates - Gift Card
Soccer Shots - 1 Free Session
Soccer Sparks - Free Soccer Ball
Springfree Trampoline - Gift Basket including Springfree balls, bubbles, chalk, jump rope & more ($75 value)
Sprouts - Gift Card
Strikz - Family Fun Pass. It is 2 hours of Bowling w/shoes for up to 5 guests. ($80.00 value)
Texas A&M AgriLife Ext. - $15 Target Gift Card
Texas Family Fitness - 1 month Free Gym Membership
Thompson Dental - Free Sonicare Toothbrush
Urban Air - 4 jump tickets
Young Living Essential Oils - Spring Cleaning Gift Basket
We have a few dates in addition to the Health Fair that we want to make sure you have on your calendars for April:
*Thursday, April 21 @ 6:30pm: PTA Meeting & First Grade Musical
*Monday, April 25: No School
*Tuesday, April 26: Open House (K-2 @ 5:30-6:15pm and 3-5 @ 6-6:45pm)
*Friday, April 29: Walk to School Day
Please enjoy this long weekend and the beautiful weather!
Paige and Leanne
- The State of Texas only allows 10 unexcused absences. If you go over this, you face possible court charges and a court appearance with your child.
What is considered an unexcused absence?
- Any full-day absence without a note from you or the doctor. You can send in an actual note, fax the note, or email the note. Phone calls only are not excused.
- All tardies are unexcused without a medical note from a doctor. A note or email from you does NOT excuse this.
- All early dismissals are unexcused without a medical note from a doctor. A note or email from you does NOT excuse this.
- If your child is absent more than 3 concurrent days, you must have a doctor's note to excuse the absences.
How many days do you have to turn in the note?
- We must have the note within 3 school days of the absence.
What happens if my child receives multiple unexcused absences?
- When your child receives 3 unexcused absences/tardies/leave earlies, you will receive a courtesy notification from your child's teacher.
- At 7, you will receive a phone call and/or email call from the Assistant Principal and your child will be placed on an FISD Attendance Contract.
- At 11 unexcused absence/tardies/leave earlies, the attendance information is turned over to the State and our Truancy Officer takes over handling your attendance case.
Please send in your notes so you can avoid this difficult situation. There is a link on our Scott Website to email your note directly to our attendance clerk, Suzanne Edwards.
CALLING ALL WATCH D.O.G.S.!!
The WATCH D.O.G.S. calendar has been updated with time slots for the remainder of the 2015-2016 school year. For info or to get on the schedule, go to www.scottpta.com/watchdogs. Watch D.O.G.S. shirts are available for purchase in the front office. The kids love you here, and it makes our school a safe and special place to be!
| || |
Don't forget your photo ID
Whenever you are on campus or signing your student out, please remember to have your driver's license. We may know you but not the person behind you, so we always ask for everyone's ID. Thank you for understanding.
SCOTT PTA UPDATES
Save the Date!
- Thur, April 21, 6:30pm: PTA meeting followed by a performance by 1st grade
- Fri, April 29: Walk to School Day & Groovy Attitude Day (70s flower power attire)
The Frisco ISD Horticulture Plant Sale is underway. Don't miss this opportunity to support Frisco ISD and transform your garden. See ScottPTA.com for dates and times.
Learn more about fresh produce options and GROW here.
Wanted: Box Tops and Labels for Education
We're far from the end of the month, don't forget to bring in those Box Tops and Labels. Learn more and see which products qualify: Scott Box Tops and Labels
We Need You!
Looking for ways to get more involved? There's a slot for everyone and every busy schedule. Scott PTA Volunteers
Scott Spirit Store
Stay warm with a Scott sweatshirt - new for 2016! Zip up sweatshirts are available in both youth and adult sizes. Get them while they last here!
Link your Kroger and Target Card to Scott
Yes...it's free and it supports our school and students. Find out how to do this.
Stay Connected to Scott
Order Birthday Spirit Sticks for $1.00
Updates and Reminders
- Please DO NOT drop off your children in the middle of Millbend Drive. The only drop-off allowed in the mornings is around the back of the school in the FIRST carpool lane. We have had numerous parents allowing their children to hop out of the car on Millbend and run across the street. This is extremely dangerous and cannot happen; your children's safety is our #1 concern.
- The speed limit for carpool lanes is 10 miles per hour.
Parking on Campus: Please do not park in the fire lanes at any time including lunch or Celebrate Scott.
Texting/Calls: It is against the law to use a phone in an active school zone. Please refrain from texting in/around the school.
Bikes on Campus: Students must walk their bikes/scooters on school grounds. We have had some near misses with student safety because of bike riders nearly running into other students or failing to stop at the crosswalk. Again, your child's safety is always our #1 concern.
Elementary students may only bring items for distribution to classmates on the three party days: Winter Party, Valentine’s Day and end of year celebration.
In addition, students issuing invitations to individual birthday parties or other celebrations may only do so at school if all students in the homeroom class are invited. These birthday invitations must be passed out at the end of the day with permission from the teacher.