May 16, 2022
Gering Public Schools Receives $230,000 Expanded Learning Grant
We are proud to announce that Gering Public Schools has been awarded a $230,000 Expanded Learning Collaborative Grant from the Nebraska Department of Education. This program, which closely partners with Beyond School Bells and the Nebraska Children and Families Foundation (NCFF), is intended to support program development for high-quality summer school activities and extended learning activities for after school.
Stay turned for additional details about the implementation of this grant!
Free School Meals Ending June 30th
When the 2021-2022 school year ends, so will free meals for every student. While the USDA had a program that allowed all students access to free meals during the COVID-19 pandemic, we have been notified that this program will not continue to be funded. This means all families will need to carry a positive balance in their student’s school meal accounts when school begins in the fall.
We understand this change may cause you to worry. However, there are important steps you can take to be sure your student receives the meals they need next year. If your student qualifies for free or reduced meals, they can still receive them next year, but you must take action to make it happen. Please follow the steps below.
- Complete the 2022-23 application before school begins in August. Once the forms are released, we will share on our website after July 1, 2022 and through all social media platforms. Even if you completed a 2021-2022 application, you still need to complete the 2022-2023 application as well.
If you do not qualify for free or reduced meals, you may begin depositing money into student accounts at any time to prepare for the cost of school lunches next year. Information on meal prices for the 2022-2023 school year will be available soon.
If your student has a negative lunch account balance, we encourage you to pay it off as soon as possible and then begin depositing money into the account to prepare for the 2022-2023 school year.
FREE SUMMER MEAL PROGRAM
We do, however, want to be sure to share our FREE SUMMER MEAL PROGRAM for ANY child age 0-18 from May 25 to June 30th - available at our community site at Gering High School. See flyer below for details ...
Gering High School Finals Schedule & Reminders
- All teachers will be giving their final on the designated time schedule unless prior arrangements have been made with the Principal.
- NO FINALS MAY BE TAKEN EARLY unless you have prior approval from the Principal.
- Lab time is available for all students needing extra support from their teachers (exam prep, late work as permitted by teachers, make-up)
- Make-up exams should be arranged through your teachers.
- Student tutors will be available in the library during lab time.