A Christmas Carol Background
- Charles Dickens was a famous author that wrote many books, one being A Christmas Carol.
- This took place during the Victorian Era which was during Queen Victoria's run as queen.
- Queen Victoria was queen from 1837-1901.
- Queen Victoria made this era a very peaceful one not having any wars there.\.
- The Victorian Era was in England or Great Britain.
- During the Victorian Era there was a lot of child labor because there family was in debt which then the kids had to work to help pay off the debt. Charles Dickens had to do this to help his family when his father went into debt.
- Kids would start working at the age of 4!
- Also during this time was the Industrial Revolution which brought the steam engine, spinning jenny, railroads, telegraph, and many more.