Eastlake Middle School 5.7.18
The Week at a Glance
It's Teacher Appreciation Week. If you have a moment, please send a nice note to our teachers for their hard work and dedication to our students. We have a great week of celebration planned for them. Here are some big picture items as we wrap up the school year:
1. We have finalized our final two weeks of school. It is as follows:
5/29 EOC 1 and 2 (7th and 8th); dismissal 1:15
5/30 EOC 3 and 4 (7th and 8th); dismissal 1:15
5/31 EOC 5 and 6 (7th and 8th); dismissal 1:15
6/1 Full Menu 1-6; dismissal at 1:15 (ipad return)
6/4 1/2/3; dismissal 12:51 (8th grade promotion practice/picnic)
6/5 4/5/6; dismissal 12:51(8th grade promotion)
6/6 Full Menu 1-6; dismissal 12:51 (last day!!)
2. We are in the final week of SBAC testing. The students are doing a great job. Please ask your child to bring their own plug-in headphones if possible. Otherwise, we will provide a loaner. All make-ups will be next week.
3. Coffee with the principal is this Tuesday at 8:30 AM in the library. Hope to see you there! We will be discussing an upcoming community meeting on May 21st at 6:00 PM Eastlake High School to discuss upcoming material changes to both schools. We are also going to discuss the promotion ceremony.
4. It looks like we have a coach for robotics! We will have a meeting with students and parents interested in the program. .
5. As we get closer to the end of school, please make sure you reach out to the teachers if you have any concerns about your student progress. We should be reaching out to students who might need extra support or will need to attend summer school to get back on track.
As always, please contact me with any questions, concerns and/or comments. Your voice is important.
Most Improved and Tritons of the Week
Students in Action!
They pulled out a great win! Way to stay composed girls!
Great job competing and having fun out there!
What a great opportunity for all of our kids to work together to accomplish a goal!