Argyle Weekly Newsletter
THE WEEK OF May 22
- Magnet Showcase: Thursday, May 25, 2023 from 6:00 - 8:00 pm
- SGA Beatification/Clean-Up | SSL Opportunity: Saturday, May 27, 2023 - 10:00 - 12:00 pm
- Memorial Day: Schools & Offices Closed: Monday, May 29, 2023
- 8th Grade Promotion at Kennedy HS: Wednesday, June 14, 2023
- 8th Grade Celebration: Thursday, June 15, 2023
- Last Day of School for Students; Early Release Day: Friday, June 16, 2023
Fall Sports General Information for Incoming 9th graders
Northwood High School Athletics will have a Fall Sports informational Night for all incoming 9th graders coming to Northwood and interested in participating in fall sports. The meeting will be held on Wednesday, May 31 in the media center. Information on the sports being offered, the timeline, the registration process, and possible summer conditioning opportunities will be some of the topics covered.
Atletismo de Northwood High School tendrá una noche informativa de deportes de otoño para todos los estudiantes de noveno grado que ingresen a Northwood y estén interesados en participar en los deportes de otoño. La reunión se llevará a cabo el miércoles 31 de mayo en el centro de medios. La información sobre los deportes que se ofrecen, el cronograma, el proceso de registro y las posibles oportunidades de acondicionamiento de verano serán algunos de los temas cubiertos.
Fall Sports Information Night for incoming 9th graders.
Weds. May 31st from 7:00 – 8:00pm in the Northwood HS Media Center
ANTIRACIST SYSTEM ACTION PLAN
This Antracist System Action Plan was presented to the Board of Education on May 11, 2023. The plan is designed to address the findings and recommendations from the Antiracist System Audit.
The Antiracist System Action Plan includes action steps and timelines, and is organized into three sections:
- System-level Actions
- Domain-specific Actions
- School-level Actions
The plan has been developed to remove the barriers that impact our most marginalized students. It is designed to address the report's recommendation that the successful planning and implementation of a districtwide racial equity vision requires coherence, accountability, equity-centered capacity building, continuous data collection, and relational trust.
Antiracist System Action Plan:
English / Español
Antiracist System Action Plan Feedback Survey
Other Linked Resources
Detailed Deliverables, Action Steps and Timeline
Argyle's Upcoming Summer Program
Clothes Bin - Argyle Middle School - Clothing & Shoes Recycling Fundraiser
Confiscated Devices - Parent Pick Up
As we continue with the second half of the school year, you may receive a call for "device parent pick-up." For students who have had their personal devices turned into the main office 3 or more times, a parent will be called to pick up the device, rather than returning the device to the student at the end of the school day. Phones, AirPods, headphones, and similar personal devices should only be accessed by students during their lunch. Students may not use their personal devices during class or in the hallways. Students may not use headphones in the hallways during transitions.
Changes for Maryland Medicaid
Summer Youth Media Camp
Special Education's Community Technical Support Resources
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063543524256. The Facebook handle/account is: MCPS Special Education.
- Twitter handle/account: @MCPSMDSpecialEd.
- YouTube MCPS Special Education: https://www.youtube.com/@MCPSMDSpecialEd. Our channel provides content through videos uploaded monthly from our Special Education Community and Citizens Advisory Committee meetings and other live events.
- Montgomery County Public Schools: Special Education Community Information page.
Please see a list of community resources listed below for caregivers looking for food and other resources:
Parents or guardians should handwrite or email student excuse notes to Ms. Patricia Hernandez, Argyle's attendance secretary. Phone calls will not excuse any absences until a note has been turned in to the main office.
If you have any questions or need to email an excuse note, please get in touch with Argyle's attendance secretary Ms. Patricia Hernandez at email@example.com
For more information on the attendance policy, please click here
SNAP Application Process
Weekend school-based vaccination clinics focusing on COVID-19 vaccine for infants and younger children now include COVID-19 vaccines for other age groups. Afterschool on-site vaccine clinics will resume the week of September 5th with a focus on Title One schools.
The school will also offer at-home Rapid tests for both students and staff.
ONLINE FARMS APPS ARE AVAILABLE NOW!
www.MySchoolApps.com is NOW OPEN for parents to complete and submit the 2022–2023 Online Application for Free and Reduced-Price Meals!
FAMILIES CAN APPLY NOW & AVOID LONGER PROCESSING TIMES IN THE FALL!
REMINDERS FOR SCHOOLS:
- Please immediately discard all application forms from previous years. As federal government information on the application changes every year, only the 2022–2023 applications may be used.
- The online application should be encouraged as the primary method to apply for FARMS. Households that complete an online application DO NOT need to submit a paper application. A small supply of 2022–2023 paper application forms in English and Spanish will be distributed to all MCPS Schools close to the first day of school. Paper applications should only be distributed to parents/guardians who request a paper application.
- Translations in other languages are available through the online application.
- How-to videos for the online FARMS application in English and Spanish are below and may be shared with families who need assistance
Spanish Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsdCrtCIFJc&t=4s
English Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJUapGLarBo
Montgomery County Public Schools has transitioned to a new online payment system called SchoolCash Online as its preferred method of payment for all school-related fees.
SchoolCash Online helps parents/guardians and community members pay school-related fees safely, quickly, and easily. SchoolCash Online will help increase efficiency and security at schools by making payments directly into schools’ bank accounts and eliminating the need for teachers to handle money. In addition, once registered, you will be immediately informed about school activities!
Powered by KEV Group, SchoolCash Online is the industry leader in the management of school fees. The new system puts all of the school-related fees online for purchase so users can make purchases online using a credit card or e-check. A processing fee will be included on all items available for purchase, regardless of the type of payment used on SchoolCash Online or at the school.
Parents/guardians can register now at - Click here
low-cost internet access
Please visit Montgomery County - Low-Cost Internet for more information!
Parent Teacher Student Association
PTSA What's App Discussion Boards
Join by clicking below ...
English (ArgylePTSA.en) - What's App Link
Spanish (ArgylePTSA.sp) - What's App Link
Vietnamese (ArgylePTSA.vi) - What's App Link
Portuguese (ArgylePTSA.pt) - What's App Link
Students and parents are advised to review the student handbook linked below:
SCHOOL CONTACT INFORMATION
WE ARE HERE TO HELP!
Our office hours are Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Below are emails and phone numbers for the following departments:
Administration (240) 740-6370
School Principal - Mr. Allrich: James_K_Allrich@mcpsmd.org
6th Grade Administrator - Ms. Sandall: Elizabeth_A_Sandall@mcpsmd.org
Magnet Coordinator /7th Grade Administrator - Ms. Chao: Cortney_E_Chao@mcpsmd.org
8th Grade Administrator - Ms. Turner: Hannah_D_Turner@mcpsmd.org
Main Office (240) 740-6370
Attendance Secretary - Ms. Hernandez: Patricia_V_Hernandez@mcpsmd.org
Front Office Secretary - Ms. Chavarria: Johana_M_Chavarria@mcpsmd.org
School Financial Specialist - Mr. Magruder: Timothy_W_Magruder@mcpsmd.org
Administrative Secretary - Ms. Majano: Jennifer_L_Majano@mcpsmd.org
Counseling Office (240) 740-6380
Counseling Secretary/Registrar - Ms. Pineda | Email: Marlene_C_Pineda@mcpsmd.org
8th Grade Counselor - Ms. Daniels | Email: Nicole_A_Daniels@mcpsmd.org
6th Grade Counselor - Mr. Kim | Email: Kenneth_L_Kim@mcpsmd.org
7th Grade Counselor - Ms. Standford | Email: Pamela_J_Stanford@mcpsmd.org
Resource Counselor/ SSL Coordinator - Mr. Lilja | Email: Matthew_J_Lilja@mcpsmd.org