Healthy Castles Essential Oils
Happy Families. Healthy Homes. Intentional Living.
Happy New Year friends!
I love the clean slate that the new year brings and with it all the possibilities for being intentional about creating and living the life you truly want. It's also the perfect time to get back on track after all the amazing food we enjoyed over the holidays... I can say that I loved every bite, but am very ready to focus on my health goals again.
Did you know that doTERRA has oils that are not only awesome for maintaining your health & well-being, but they also have AMAZING supplements that support seasonal cleansing and detoxing? If you are looking for a "reset" to get your health goals back on track, more energy, better skin, or weight loss- this is a great jump start!
If you are in the twin cities area- we are offering more information about this program at our monthly class (next Sunday, January 10th at 6:30 pm- 800 North 3rd St. Minneapolis, MN.)
But, even if you aren't local- we are here to support you in this 30-day program to keep you on track and accountable! None of us can do everything alone, nor should we and it's so much more fun when we join together to make a difference in our lives and therefore also impact the lives of those around us! The cleanse protocol is gentle, yet very effective and you can choose to do it with our group or on your own at any time. The group cleanse will start on Monday, January 25th and we will be offering you support- so reach out to get more information!
Here's to an amazing 2016!
Sautéed Cannellini Bean Quick Bowl with Peppers, Kale, and Lemon essential oil
1 bunch Tuscan kale (also known as dinosaur kale or lacinato kale) stems removed
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 can Cannellini beans
2-3 tablespoons liquid from Cannellini beans, reserved
1/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
1/3 cup walnuts, lightly toasted and chopped
2 peppers, sliced into a thick julienne
5-10 drops of Lemon essential oil (It seems like a lot, but the earthiness of the beans and kale requires a good amount of citrusy brightness.)
1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Drain can of beans, reserving 2-3 tablespoons of liquid. Rinse beans and shake off as much as water as possible.
2. Lay beans out on a paper towel in a single layer and gently press another paper towel on top of them to get off even more water.
3. Chop the kale, wash it, and shake off as much water as you can. Set aside.
4. Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in the widest skillet you own.
5. Add the beans in a single layer. Stir to coat the beans, then let them sit long enough to brown lightly on one side, about 3 or 4 minutes, before turning to brown the other side, also about 3 or 4 minutes. The beans should be golden and a bit crunchy on the outside.
6. Add peppers and saute until tender-crisp. Add the kale and salt to the pan and cook for less than a minute, just long enough for the kale to lose a bit of its structure.
7. Stir in the walnuts, wait ten seconds, and add desired amount of Lemon essential oil.
8. If the mix seems too dry, add the reserved liquid from beans and stir, then remove from heat.
9. Enjoy as is or try mixing in: Brown Rice, Quinoa or Cheese.
Can I send you a free large bottle of one of my favorite oils??
In the Twin Cities? Join Us!!!
Monthly Essential Oils Class Plus Yoga & Detox Info
Sunday, Jan. 10th, 6:30-8:30pm
THIRD NORTH APARTMENTS 800 NORTH 3RD STREET, MINNEAPOLIS 55401 (ON STREET PARKING AVAILABLE)
After yoga we will spend time discussing the many benefits of using essential oils in your home, as well as the doTERRA Cleanse & Restore Detox.
RSVPs are enabled for this event.