DCW Monday Memo
Carolyn Bradley, Interim Principal
October 12-16, 2015
Quote For the Week: It matters what leaders do or don't do!
"The culture of any organization is shaped by the worst behavior the leader is willing to tolerate."
(Gruenter and Whitaker)
Our mission at Deborah Cannon Wolfe Elementary School is to prepare students to be successful throughout their academic careers and beyond.
Preparing Graduates with a ConnectED Perspective.
Together We Can Achieve the Extraordinary.
The Power of One!
Monday, October 12, 2015
Professional Development will occur at George Washington Carver Elementary School. Chris Crowell will be our new Apple Professional Learning Specialist. Training will occur on October 12-13. Session times will be from 8:00 a.m.-11:30 p.m. and 12:00 p.m.- 3:30 p.m. The apps of focus will be Keynote and Pages.
On October 14, Mrs. Calhoun and Ms. Anthony will represent DCW on the Vanguard Team for the district. The Vanguard Team will meet at the MCBOE Transportation Center from 8:00 a.m.- 3:00 p.m.
Dates for the Vanguard Training:
October 14, 2015
January 6, 2016
February 4, 2016
March 31, 2016
April 27, 2016
May 19, 2016
Tentative Schedule: Teachers attending a.m. session on October 12-13, 2015. Report back to DCW by 12:45 p.m. You may leave DCW at 3:30 p.m. Ms. Bruner leaves DCW at 2:00 p.m.
James Beacher (PE)
Arnetta Moore (4th)
Tiffany Traore (5th)
Karen Calhoun (K)
Ivy Howard (Academic Coach)
Carolyn Bruner (Special Educator)
Tentative Schedule: Teachers attending p.m. session on October 12-13, 2015. Report to DCW by 7:30 a.m.
Kimberly Anthony (6th)
Lisa Cannon (1st)
Timothy Sparks (3rd)
Teachers attending the Vanguard session on October 14, 2015. Please make sure Mrs. Ivey has secured a sub for all the dates you have training.
Please make sure you leave work for your students on October 13-14, 2015.
Listed below are tasks that must be completed prior to Leaving on Monday, October 12, 2015 at 3:30 p.m.
1. Sub Tubs must be submitted to Mrs. Ivey and/or Ms. Marshall. If they are not available leave the sub tub in the hall by my office door. They were due back in September. You will need at least one week of lesson plans, directions, and reproducible work.
2. The online survey Transform 2020 must be completed. Several of you have not sent me an email stating that you completed the survey. Mr. Curry has a print out of who has not completed the survey.
3. Your Self-Assessment for Educate Alabama must be completed. Select two indicators that you would like to focus on this year. I will be meeting with you soon.
4. The compliance videos in Edivation/PD360 must be completed. There are 8 videos that must be viewed. Please see your email for instructions.
5. If you did not have your data meeting with Ms. Howard last week. You need to meet with her at 1:00 p.m. in the Data Room. I have asked her to notify me in writing via email when you are not in compliance with directives.
6. On Tuesday, October 13, 2015 we will have a faculty meeting. Bring all of your lesson plans and binder to the meeting. We must complete required paperwork.
7. We are supposed to have a PTA Meeting/Math Night on Tuesday, October 13. I sent that committee an email. I have yet to hear from the chair/committee. Please let me know in writing via email if that needs to be rescheduled. If you are not prepared it will show.
8. Parent Committee chair/committee members the bulletin board (Parent of the Month/Student of the Month) by the gym is still empty. Mrs. Traore helped the committee out. She decorated the bulletin board. Does she have to complete it as well?
8. You need to send me one email stating that you have completed each task.
Kimberly Anthony and Lisa Cannon have duty this week. Please make sure you arrive by 7:05 a.m. On Wednesday, October 14, 2015 Ms. Anthony will be at Vanguard Training so Mr. Sparks will assist me on this day.
I have noticed that several of you are not arriving on time for duty. You need to be present by 7:05 a.m. It is a liability.
Lesson Plan Due Dates
Lesson plans must be emailed to me at email@example.com
Week of October 5-9
Due Date: Friday, October 2 by 4:00 p.m.
Week of October 12-16
Due Date: Friday, October 9 by 4:00 p.m.
Week of October 19-23
Due Date: Friday, October 16 by 4:00 p.m.
Week of October 26-30
Due Date: Friday, October 23 by 4:00 p.m.
Please reference Dr. Brooks October 5, 2015 Monday Matters on Lesson Plan Compliance.
Motto: Together We Can Achieve the Extraordinary
Please be reminded that the success of DCW depends on everyone working together. YOU must do your part. It disappoints me that we have a few teachers in the building that refuse to give their very best to the students, administration, parents, and other colleagues. Please be reminded that when you speak about situations that have occurred at DCW to other individuals in the building, individuals at other schools, and/or individuals outside of our district 9 times out of 10 you don't have all of the facts so you may not want to infer anything.
Newton's 3rd Law of Physics: Every Action has an Equal and Opposite Reaction