The Wolves Den
September 7, 2021
Dental Clinic & Vaccines
Guardians of students in grades 5th, 6th, and 7th grade, have required vaccinations they need. Students entering 6th grade (age 11) are required by law to receive a booster vaccine of Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis). Other recommended preteen and teen vaccines include:
Meningococcal-protects against the bacteria that causes meningitis
HPV-protects against cancers and other diseases caused by human papillomavirus
Annual flu shot
If you receive information via mail your child is behind in the required vaccinations. Jenny Hinz, Washington School Nurse will be reaching out to each family directly in the next few weeks. Please schedule an appointment to get these required vaccines.
Dental Clinic Opportunity
Lakeshore Community Health Care’s School Dental Program is once again offering their services within Manitowoc County. As we prepare for our upcoming school year I wanted to remind schools once again of what our program is all about. Lakeshore Community Health Care offers dental services to families regardless of insurance or ability to pay. Our services range from oral hygiene instruction, routine exams and cleanings, x-rays, fillings, simple extractions, crowns and baby root canals. Students are seen throughout the school day for an average appointment time of 35min. Our goal is to have each child seen for their cleaning, x-ray and exam. If they are in need of additional treatment, they will be asked to return until treatment is complete or until our scheduled visit has ended. The small inconvenience this creates comes with a great reward. Children are having treatment completed in a week span that would normally take months. Families are also no longer having to take time off of work or pull students out of school for appointments.
LCHC Dental Form https://www.pdffiller.com/en/link_to_fill/535490245.htm
Hello: We are the school counseling department at Washington Middle School. Our key role is to support the students in their academics and their mental health. Along with supporting our students, we help them by providing community needs, hygiene products, and a variety of resources. If you have any questions or concerns about your children please feel free to reach out to us.
See ViXai Thao - “Welcome to all of our new and returning students and families! I am excited to be working with you all this year. This is my second year at Washington and I am a License School Social Worker, assigned to our Blue House 6th, 7th and 8th Grade students, but here to serve all of our students with Ms. Becca Giessen and our School Social Work Intern Ms. Anna Peterman. During my free time, I enjoy spending time with my family and friends; out in nature, especially on the lake; volunteering in the community; reading a good book and photography. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns at (920)663-9714 or email@example.com.”
Becca Giessen - “This is my first year as a School Counselor and I could not be more excited to be at Washington Middle School. In my free time I enjoy spending time with my family and friends, playing soccer, listening to podcasts, and playing with my puppy. If you would like to contact me my email is firstname.lastname@example.org and my office phone number is (920)663-9826.”
Paige Cobarrubias - “This is my 8th school year at Washington. I am so excited to get to know all of our new students. In my free time, I coach swimming, love to read, and take walks around Two Rivers. My email is email@example.com or my phone number is 920-663-9575 if you have any questions for the counseling department.”
Kelly Spiering - “I have worked at Washington for many years. I support the counseling department. I am always excited when the year starts and I get to meet new faces, and faces I have missed all summer. In my free time I enjoy spending time with my family and friends, being outside, reading, cooking and painting. If you would like to contact me my email is firstname.lastname@example.org and my phone number is 920-663-9828.”
Anna Peterman - “ I am currently a grad school student at the University of Wisconsin Green Bay for school social work. This year I am going to be interning under See ViXai Thao to learn more about the dynamics and responsibilities of a school social worker/counselor. I am very excited to be at Washington this year since I was once a student here. In my free time I enjoy spending time with my friends and family, exploring the outdoors, diving into a good book, and watching T.V. shows on netflix. If you would like to contact me my email is email@example.com.
Activities and Athletics...
Washington Sports Report Fall 2021:
If your child/ learner is interested in participating in sports there is paperwork that is required. Below is the list of the required paperwork and linked for your convenience.
Sports Sign up & Paperwork can be completed & turned in @ Washington office
Please read ---> MPSD Code of Conduct
Please complete & sign ----> Athletic Code Agreement Form
Please complete & sign ----->Medical Forms
Ben Henry is the Athletic Coordinator at Washington Middle School. If you have any questions and need clarification please reach out to Mr. Henry. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or the Coach for the specific sport you have a question about.
We will continue to distributed Chromebooks this week in Core Classes. Most of the 8th and 7th graders have received theirs last week. We will begin distributing Chromebooks to 6th grade Wednesday. We will be following up Thursday and Friday with any students that may have been absent the day their grade received their device. If a students misses the handout, they can notify their Advisory Teacher when they return to school. A copy of the acceptable use agreement form will be sent home with the students when they receive their computer.
News To Share
- Picture Retake: Monday September 27th. Students who did not have their pictures taken in August will have them taken on this day and they will receive their student ID.
- Morning Drop Off: Students will continue to line up by their assigned door in the morning. Teachers will be outside starting at 7:30 and would love to greet every one of their students then. Teachers will start bringing students to their lockers and then to advisory class for breakfast at 7:35. School starts a 7:45am. If you child arrives after 7:45, they will need to enter the main entrance to check-in in the office.
- Blue/ Gold or A/B/C Day Calendar: Here is a link to the entire year calendar for Blue/Gold or A/B/C days. Your learners electives may alternate between days based on what day it is.
- 6th Grade School Forest Camp: Our 6th graders houses will each have a day they spend at the school forest. Sunshine House will be at the school forest Tuesday 9/14, Blue Sky House will be at the school forest Thursday 9/16, and Goldmine House will be at the school forest Wednesday 9/22.
- Water Bottles: Students are encouraged to bring in their own water bottle to fill up through out the day.
- Friday Folders- Students will receive a blue Friday Folder from school. Their advisory teacher will help students stuff the folders with information from school that needs to be brought home. Friday folders will go home on Friday. Please ask your learner to see their Friday Folder over the weekend. We are asking that students bring their Friday Folders back to advisory on Monday.
- Masks- Student and staff are required to wear a mask while inside the school building.
- Cell Phones- If students bring their cell phones to school, our policy is that cell phones need to be kept in student's locker for the duration of the day. If students do not follow this policy they will asked to put their cell phone in their locker or the cell phone will be brought to the office. We are asking loved ones to remind students of this policy.