Wickham Elementary Newsletter
STUDENT SUBMISSION PROCESS FOR 2020 ONE BOOK TWO BOOK
Students in grades 1-8 in Iowa City-Cedar Rapids Corridor area school districts, or home school students in those equivalent grades, are encouraged to submit one page of writing for the 2020 One Book Two Book festival from the Iowa City UNESCO City of Literature. Visit http://www.onebooktwobook.org/ to find out more information.
We ask that students check in the office if there is something that they have left at home. We try to limit classroom interruptions throughout the day, therefore the office won't be calling classrooms when items are dropped off.
Volunteer Background Checks
A Note from our Health Office
The Iowa City Community School District has a protocol in place for sending and keeping children home from school when they are ill. We follow this protocol to make sure that children are given an adequate amount of time and rest to get well before returning to school, and to prevent the spread of germs to other children and school staff. Please help to keep the schools in the Iowa City Community School District healthy environments by following these simple rules:
- Keep your child home from school when he/she has a fever of 100 (F) or greater and for 24 hours after the fever has gone away, without taking tylenol or ibuprofen.
- Keep your child home from school when he/she has diarrhea and/or vomiting and for 24 hours after these symptoms have occurred.
- When your child returns to school after an illness he/she should be able to participate in the total school program including outdoor recess and physical education. Your child will be excused from outside recess and physical education after an illness only by a written recommendation from your family doctor or primary health care provider.
- Please be sure the school has a telephone number where you can be reached in case your child becomes ill at school. Call the school if your child will not be attending school because of illness.
- Make sure your child is adequately dressed for the Iowa winter weather. Please mark your children's clothing to help recover lost articles.
- Our students will not be going out for noon recess if the temperature or windchill is below zero. If your child has proper clothing, playing outside will not be uncomfortable, but pleasant and healthy.