CLASSROOM NEWSLETTER FROM THE DESK OF MISS HILL
Events This Week:
- Monday: No School (Rosh Hashanna)
- Thursday: Walk to School Day
- Thursday: Gym
- Friday: Library
- Scholastic book orders due at the end of October (Class Code: QDBMZ)
- October 10-14: Celebrate Education Week! Come in and join us for some Kindergarten fun! You could visit us for Literacy Centers OR join us for our 5 Senses Fall Nature Walk! The suggested times for AM Kindergarten visitation during this week are:
- Monday, October 10 (10:00-11:00) You will see our Literacy Centers in action!
- Thursday, October 13 (10:00-11:00) Join in our Fall Nature Walk (weather permitting)
- October 12: No School (Yom Kippur)
- October 14: Picture Day
- October 14: Book Fair. Please send money in a Ziploc bag labeled with your child's name. This will help keep us organized and is a secure way to make sure any change is returned.
- Fall Fest Scarecrows: Soon we will brainstorm ideas for a class scarecrow. We will make the scarecrow during the week of October 17th. Homeroom parents will be in contact about volunteering for this event in the coming weeks, once we get organized. More to come on this fun fall event!
*Our new homework schedule begins on Tuesday! In the Home section of the folder, you have letters that explain the procedures for the Math calendar and sight words. In addition, you will find the October Math Calendar and our 10 sight words on card stock. Letter tracing pages will be sent home on Tuesday.
Our new procedure will be:
1. Two letters pages per week (Monday and Wednesday during Full Weeks)
2. Sight word practice (Tuesday and Thursday during Full Weeks)
3. Math Calendar daily activities
Since we do not have a full week next week, I will introduce the alphabet letters on Tuesday (I) and Wednesday (N). Please make sure students complete corresponding homework pages after I have introduced the letters at school. Sight words can be practiced on Thursday!
Please contact me if you have any questions about our new homework procedures.
Thanks so much for your help at home! :)
Reading & Writing:
- We will continue our alphabet study next week! Now that October is here, we will start learning two letters per week
- Introducing letters Ii and Nn
- Focus on letter pronunciation and formation
- Literacy Centers: Word Work, Listen to Reading, I-Pads, and Work on Writing
- Math Centers: Math Writing, Math by Myself, Math with the Teacher
We will begin our number learning and writing in Math. We will focus on writing the numbers 1 and 2. In addition, we will work on representing the numbers 1-10 in a variety of ways.
Science & Social Studies:
- Continuing the 5 senses, focus on smell
- Daily weather
- All About Me posters
Ask Your Child About...
- The 5 senses