January 22, 2018
Cycle 3 Information
- PBIS Re-engagement
- Conferring (K-2)
- Supporting ideas with evidence using complex text (3-5)
Cycle 3 Theory of Action
If our K-2 classrooms have strong data aligned conferring during Readers Workshop then students will develop the necessary reading behaviors that allow them to read on grade level.
If our 3rd through 5th-grade students engage with grade level complex text and support their ideas with text-based evidence then they will develop the reading skills to read on grade level and master grade level standards.
- On Tuesday the Afterschool Program has graciously agreed to begin supervising 1st-5th grade students after lunch so that teachers can administer F&P assessments.
- F&P assessments should be administered and entered by Friday. Please let me know if you need any support.
- Please ensure that you are completing attendance accurately by 9 am every day.
- For student safety, do not leave students unsupervised in your classroom. It only takes a second for something to happen.
- For student safety, please report to yard duty on time. Students are being released when the bell rings and it is important that supervision is available at that time.
- All requests for personal days must be submitted in writing either via email or a B Form at least 3 days advance of any days taken. Please note that personal days taken without prior approval will not be approved.
Updated Prep/Enrichment Schedule
Week at a Glance
- Cost Meeting 11 to 12
- District Oratorical Competition
- F&P Testing 12:45 to 2:45
- Minimum Day
- Howard Literacy Walk Through 9:45 to 11:30
- Howard Professional Learning/Collaboration 1:45 to 4
- Kindergarten to College Winter Convening
- Minimum Day
- Williams Off Site- Principal Professional Development
- F&P Testing 1:30 to 2:45
- Professional Development 8 to 3:30-No School for Students