Beadle News Beat
May 20, 2022 - Edition 21.37
BEADLE’S MISSION STATEMENT
Beadle Middle School, a community where each individual is a teacher and a learner, guarantees students will achieve their maximum growth academically, socially, and emotionally. We will meet the unique needs of each student in a collaborative environment using effective and innovative strategies to engage and challenge all students.
Dr. Jim Sutfin - Superintendent of Millard Public Schools
Millard Public Schools 2022 Board of Education Members
Stacy Jolley – President; Linda Poole – Vice President; Mike Kennedy – Secretary
Mike Pate – Treasurer; Amanda McGill Johnson and Dave Anderson – Board Members
End of the School Year Reminders
The last day of school is Thursday, May 26. and will be a half day of school from 7:45 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. Buses will run accordingly and return students home. Please have all students picked up by 11:30 a.m. Breakfast cereal will be served before school, but there will be no lunch served this day.
Pick up your Prescriptions from the Health Room
- If your child has any prescription medicine at school, the medicine will need to be picked up by an adult on or by Thursday, May 26 at 3:00 p.m. According to district policy, these prescription medicines cannot be given to your child to take home. However, non-prescription medication will be sent home with your child. Please watch for these. The school nurse will dispose of any medication left at school on the last day of school. If you have any questions, please call Mrs. Brown, school nurse, at 402-715-6105.
Lost and Found
- All Lost and Found not claimed by the end of the school year will be donated to charity.
- All library books, magazines or other materials should be returned before the end of the school year.
- You may purchase a Yearbook for $33.00 with cash or check in the office or online with a credit card through ParentVUE under the Fees Tab, then click Pay Fees.
May 23 to 26
Monday, May 23
- 3:05 - 4:30 Moana Musical Cast Party in the MPR
Tuesday, May 24
3:15 - 4:30 Boys Track End of Season Party
Wednesday, May 25
Thursday, May 26
- Last Day of School
- School Dismisses at 11:15
From the Health Room
2022 - 2023 Seventh Grade Physicals
Nebraska law requires every seventh grade student to have either a doctor's physical or waiver signed by a parent/guardian before entering seventh grade in August. Seventh grade physicals must be dated within 6 months prior to the first day of school. If you have any questions, please contact Stacey Brown, Beadle nurse, at (402) 715-6105 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2022 – 2022 Sports Physicals
Seventh and eighth grade students planning to participate in sports through BMS, are required to have a physical and it must be dated after May 1. For questions regarding sports physicals and paperwork, please contact Tassie Little, Beadle Athletic Director, at (402) 715-6100 or email@example.com.
Millard Summer School and Summer Camps
Millard Summer School
- The middle school sessions will be held at Millard Beadle Middle School. Current eighth grade students interested in summer school will attend sessions at Millard West High School. For more information go to: http://www.mpsomaha.org/curriculum/summer-school
Summer Camps at Millard West High School
- For information go to: Summer Camps @ Millard West High School
*** All boys interested in playing football for Millard West in High School need to attend a meeting with Coach Peterson on Friday, May 20 at 7:20 am in the Beadle library. There is also information under the MWHS Summer Camps for the summer lifting program.
***Any current 8th grade girl interested in playing soccer at Millard West in the spring of 2023 should email Coach Tevis at firstname.lastname@example.org to get information about summer opportunities.
Summer Camps and Clinics at Millard North High School
- For information go to: Summer Camps @ Millard North High School
Summer Camps and Clinics at Millard South High
- For information go to: Summer Camps at Millard South High School