Sun Prairie Band Department Beat
March 14, 2020
Learning To Surf!
Please read the information below to learn more about cancellations and plans moving forward.
Sat, March 21 - SOSP Rehearsal
Tue, March 31 - SPHS Jazz Concert
Fri, April 3 - Swing Into Spring Extravaganza Jazz Concert at PMMS
Fri-Sat, April 3-4 - Grainger Festival HS Wind Ensemble in Chicago
Mon, April 6 - Band O Rama Concert at SPHS
Wed, April 8 - PVMS Elementary Tour
Sat, April 25 - WSMA State Solo/Ensemble
Due to logistics (facilities, timing, etc) we do not plan to reschedule these events at this time. We will communicate any further cancellations with you as we learn more.
Riding The Wave
- Take band instruments home Monday AND Tuesday night in the event that we close sooner than expected.
- Continue practicing every day. Stay positive and set goals for practice sessions!
- Set a specific time and place each day to practice.
- Listen to recordings and record practice sessions.
- Stay in touch with band directors and look to Google Classroom for assignments and activities to stay engaged.
5th Grade Mouthpiece Sampling Postponed
Butter Braid Due One Day Sooner
Originally, the Butter Braid fundraiser was due this Wednesday, however, due to the school district closing forms will be due THIS Tuesday. Please return forms to your band director, Mr. Gleason, or to Lindsey Hess, 6821 Village Park Drive, Madison.
Lindsey will try to reschedule delivery for April 7th but this may have to be pushed back if we are not in school yet. She will advise us of any updates!
CHUMS On Tour!
Visiting Conductor in Residence
The following week, Cardinal Heights welcomed Dr. Colleen Richardson from Western University in London, Ontario, Canada. Dr. Richardson conducted a piece with each of the bands, bringing musicality, humor, and positive spirit to her connections with students and music.
Congratulations Senior Michael Wu - WINNER of the Madison Symphony Orchestra Final Forte Concerto Competition
A Sound Start
- April 23- (Tentative) SOSP Perf. at SPHS West Ground Breaking Ceremony 3:30-6 PM
- April 27 & 29 -(Tentative!) Band Instrument Fitting Nights - PMMS, 3-8 PM
- May 4 - PMMS Spring Band Concert. 7 pm, SPHS PAC
- May 5 - PVMS Spring Band Concert. 7 pm, SPHS PAC
- May 19-20 - CHUMS Spring Band Concert & Composer in Residence. 7 & 8 PM, CHUMS Aud.
- May 21 - CHUMS 8th Bands at Beyond The Notes Music Festival, WI Dells
- May 25 - Memorial Day Parade
- May 31 - SPHS Jazz I will perform as a featured performer at the "MAMA" awards, Capitol Theater at the Overture Center
- June 2 - SPHS Band Banquet and Concert. 6 & 8 pm, SPHS