October 10, 2019
Pre-order your OHS T-shirt today and support your school. Colors available are red, orange, green, and blue. This is a school fundraiser. When submitting your payment of $25, please specify your shirt size and color in the description box. Go to http://osp.osmsinc.com/RichmondVA. Pay Class dues at the same time!
- Fantastic celebration for VUU scholarship recipients this past weekend. Congrats again to Cameron, Madisyn, Kamirra, and Quinton!
- All YMCA classes will meet at Open on Friday for the field trip to Shakespeare's Midsummer Night's Dream at VCU Theater, October 11 from 8:10-11:00. We will be walking from Open. Please report to your first period class.
- Armstrong HS's ACE program will hold auditions for their fall theatrical production this week. Last year's production was a huge success! Please see Clary if you're interested.
- SENIORS: Our GRASP Adviser, Blair Lauver, is currently available on Tuesdays in the Media Center from 9:00 a.m.- 2:00 p.m. to discuss FAFSA. All seniors should visit!
- The 2nd Annual High 5 Dreams AP Institute begins October 12th from 8:30 a.m.-12:45 p.m. at Huguenot High School. See attached flyer for details. This is an amazing opportunity to work with College Board trained teachers. Breakfast and lunch are provided! Gift cards available!
- No school for students on October 14.
- Interested in international travel? An interest meeting will be held on Tuesday, October 15th at 6 p.m. in Vic's Room. There are still 6 slots available for the Italy & Greece trip this July. We are also launching an exciting trip to South Africa for summer 2021!
- The PSAT will be given to all 9th, 10th, and 11th grade students on October 16.
- An important Senior Workshop will be held on October 16 from 10 a.m.-2:00 p.m. at Clark Springs Elementary school. Students should report to Clark Springs (and not Open) at 10 a.m. See communication from Ryan and Vic for more details.
- VCU Honors College students are available for tutoring Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays in all subject areas! Please see the attached flyer or white board for more details.
- Side by Side is an organization dedicated to supporting Virginia's LGBTQ+ youth. Don't hesitate to call the Youth Support Line: 888-644-4390 if you ever have questions or concerns.
- Congrats to Ada whose artwork will be displayed at the VCU School of Education building on October 20 from 2-4.
- Support Team Flourish Using Twitch Prime! See Chris for more details. Directions are attached.
- Homecoming will be on November 22, 2019 Ginter Park Recreation Center from 8-11.
Halloween at Open!
In connection to this, Reps has voted to have a door decorating contest as part of the Family Cup Competition instead of pumpkins (so more family members can participate.) Reps will provide more details today. We also want to invite students and families to make puppets for the parade. See Clary if you're interested.