Growth & Development of Human Life
Psychological and Physiological Growth
Infancy (1 month to 1 year)
- At 6 months the palmar grasp is used (whole hand grab).
- At 9 months the pincer grasp is used (can grab small objects with thumb and forefinger).
- 1-2 months: coos
- 2-6 months: laughs and squeals
- 8-9 months: babbles mama/dada sounds
- 10-12 months: mama/dada specific
Toddler (1-3 years old)
- 1 Year: transfer objects from one hand to the other.
- 2 Years: Can hold a crayon and color vertical strokes, turn the page of a book, and build a tower of six blocks.
- 18-20 months: 20-30 words can be understood by 50% of strangers.
- 22-24 months: two word sentences, can be understood by 75% of strangers.
- 30-36 months: almost all speech is understood by strangers.