A Recipe That Ended Slavery
"A house divided by itself cannot stand"
The Civil War
- 1 pound of slavery
- 6 cups of Fort Sumter
- 1 cup of Abraham Lincoln
- 2 tablespoons of Bleeding Kansas
- 1/4 of the Free Soil Party
- 1/2 cup of Stephen Douglas
- 3 teaspoons of Harper's Ferry
- 1/2 cup of John Brown
- 1/2 pound of the Confederate South
- 1/2 pound of the Union North
- Put a 1/2 pound of the Confederate South in one bowl and 1/2 pound of the Union North
- Pour 1/2 a cup of Abraham Lincoln into each bowl
- Add the pound of slavery to the bowl containing the Confederate South
- Sprinkle the Free Soil Party and Stephen Douglas into the Union North
- Pour both bowls in a big bowl together
- Add the 2 tablespoons of Bleeding Kansas, 3 teaspoons of Harper's Ferry and the 2 cups of John Brown into the bowl containing all the ingredients.
- Stir thoroughly and bake for 20 minutes.