Principal's Corner #27
April 10, 2020
COUGAR STAFF SHOUT OUTS
- To my amazing 4th grade team, for being so patient, support and kind. You have made this transition to online learning positive and manageable. I miss seeing at at school everyday, but I'm grateful to be on this journey with you.
- To the 5th Grade Team and Specials Team, All the creative effort you are putting into collaborating and giving the 5th graders a meaningful experience here at the end of their elementary years. Mike Wehrle has enjoyed the work you are sharing. I cannot thank you enough!
From Erin Wehrle
- To Kathy Jansen, Thank you for being so patient as you guide our team through all of this new remote learning stuff! You are awesome!
- To Mandy Jehn, Thank you for being willing to take the SLIME for me!! It didn't end up happening, but I appreciate your willingness to bail me out!
From Rebecca Buell
- To Melissa Adler, Thank you for your “shout-out e-mails” for our Cougar staff birthdays. They are great, funny, and creative!
From Dorothy Speir
- To Rebecca Buell and Kate Howard for welcoming me into your "class" this week. It was great to see our students.
- To Kori Shaiman and Lauren Alpert for trying to brainstorm ways to support our students, staff and community.
- To Joan Salinger, Melissa Adler and Alison Berner to our "office meeting"- I appreciate you being REAL and being there for me!
- To EVERYONE for continuing to grow and learn together in this process. It isn't easy, but we got this!
- To Ken Martinez for showing up 3 times a week and helping keep our school safe, clean and ready for us when we can return!
- To Megan McDermott, Lois Vaughan, Sally Wuthrich, Glenda Cole, Kameron Riley and Sarah Campbell for joining as many team meetings as possible.
- To everyone who volunteered to be apart of interviews next week. Interview committees are below.
From Katie Johnson
- To Royce, Rebecca, and Ann for welcoming me into my first class Zoom visits. It was so great to see your kiddos! Thanks to everyone else who also invited me. I am going to try to get into every class in the near future!
- To Lois for all of your help in getting iReady up and going as another learning tool for our kids to continue to grow at home.
From Alison Berner
Has it been awhile since you gave a SHOUT OUT? It's just a click away.
Interview Committees - please watch for a calendar invite containing the applicant folders and schedule of interviews.
Brief access to the school building on Tuesday, April 14
There have been several requests to return to the building to retrieve additional items to support remote learning. The Stay at Home guidance from CDPHE reads:
Stay-at-Home (20-24) further limits contact by ordering all Coloradans to stay at home unless they are engaged in certain necessary activities. Please refer to the public health orders themselves for a detailed list of what is allowed and disallowed.
The district is going to allow teachers to return to school, but only if it is absolutely necessary for remote learning. Social distancing is of utmost importance. We will not be able to provide protective equipment as all of those materials have been allocated to the food and nutrition service employees at this time. Guidance regarding masks is as follows:
Colorado is asking everyone to wear a non-medical cloth face covering while out in public for necessary activities like grocery shopping. Please make or buy a cloth covering that will cover your mouth and nose and use it whenever you are outside your own house or yard. Scarves and bandanas will work as coverings. Wash your face covering frequently.
Please email me by 12:00 Monday, April 13th if you believe you must return to the building to provide remote learning throughout the rest of the year effectively. I will schedule very small groups at assigned times on April 14th. We will insist that once you arrive, you proceed directly to your classroom/ office, gather what you need, and leave as soon as possible.
If you have any additional questions regarding guidance from CDPHE, please see the link below.