Pickerington Tiger Sharks
Save The Date for Parent Meeting, Season Information & More
Good Afternoon PTS Family!
As we get closer to the season, newsletter communication will start coming on a weekly basis and it will be packed full of information for the following week. Please make sure you are getting our emails and reading them thoroughly. This one is going to have A LOT of information.
The Board will be hosting two options for parent meetings via Google Meet:
May 23th at 7pm
May 25th at 10am
Please put one of these dates on your calendar as we will be going over the season in detail and answering your questions!
For updates on any unexpected cancellations or emergencies, please join our group on Remind:
See you for practice in the Shark Tank May 30th!
Order Your Team Suit Now!
Swimsuits, Caps, Volunteers, and FAQs
- Team suits in many sizes on sale and quickly delivered from our SwimOutlet Swim Shop! Convenient shopping for all your swim needs with free shipping on purchases over $49.
- Swim caps will available for purchase at practices for $10 (cash/venmo/cash app).
- Parent Volunteers will be required for meets. Consider getting trained as an official this May. Other important jobs are listed on the website and will need to be filled to run our meets properly.
- We are always looking for sponsors, so if you or anyone you know owns a business and would like information about our sponsorship levels, please contact us.
Practice Times (Please note start times)
Practices Start Tuesday May 30th:
Monday - Friday
11 and up: 7:00am - 8:00am
10 and under: 7:50am - 8:50am
Please make note of arrival times, we need to start on time to ensure a quality practice.
*Practice will be canceled on Thursday ONLY WHEN we have a Wednesday night meet!
*Dryland Practices (if weather cancels in water practice): Swimmers will need to wear comfortable clothes and tennis shoes to do an out of water practice.
Want a Free Swimmer Registration????
Becoming an official is a great way to be on the pool deck up front and center. You will fulfill your volunteer commitment hours as well!
- New Officials Training: Sunday, May 21 from 4:00-6:00pm at 130 N. Granger St., Granville, OH 43023- This is in person, as it is more beneficial for those learning to be able to connect and talk to one another. Terry Taulbee is the official leading the clinic.
- Official Refresher Training: Monday, May 22 7:00pm via Zoom. A link will be sent out closer to the time.
Contact Lora Adkins for more details (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Spirit Wear Extended till June 7th!
We have decided to open the spirit wear store back open till June 7th. Order take a couple weeks after closing the store.
For those who ordered, you will get your items before the first meet!
This fundraiser allows us to provide the best experience for your swimmer, plus fun activities like Donuts for Breakfast, an end of the season banquet and more.
- Order your gear today to receive by mid June.
- There are so many options this year, definitely something for everyone.
- Remember, your registered swimmer gets a FREE team t-shirt, but as my kids told me, "Mom, we also need sweatshirts and sweatpants, and oh that tank would look great on you."
- Last day to order is June 7th. Items will be handed out during practices.
2023 Coaching Staff!!!
- Head Coach - Cara Luallen
- Senior Assistant Coach - Austin Strayer
- Assistant Coach - Megan Luallen
- Assistant Coach - Mayson Reed
- Junior Coach - Lauryn Winters
- Coach Sheri Rhodes will be filling in from time to time through out the summer.
Important Upcoming Dates
- May 21st - Board Meeting 3pm - Pickerington Public Library
- May 23rd - Zoom Parent Meeting 7pm
- May 25th - Zoom Parent Meeting 10am
- May 30th: 35th Summer Season begins!!! (REGISTRATION CLOSES)
- June 7th: Spirit Wear Ends
- June 8th: GetAir Night 5-9pm
- June 9th: Meet Set up at the pool - 7:30pm
- June 10th: Home Meet against Granville 6:45am arrival time
- July 21st: End of Season Banquet 8-10pm - Pickerington Community Pool
Pickerington Tiger Sharks
President: Abbey Fatica
Past President: Sheri McClurg
Vice President: Lora Adkins
Secretary: Susan Mitman
Treasurer: Kathy Wolfe
League Representative: Dione Windle
Meet Director: Sherman Sutherland
Technology Officer: Nick Shaw
Fundraising/Sponsorship Chair: Lisa Winters
Social Media Director: Monica Brooks
Concessions: Liz Dunn
Banquet Chair: Erin Harshaw
Fourth of July Chair: