Ozaukee Elementary Update
April 30, 2021
SELECCIONAR: TRADUCIR A LA DERECHA (EN ESPAÑOL)
Staff Appreciation Week
NOSD PTR with a "Warrior Wonderment" for our amazing staff this year!
Click the link to send free personalized messages and certificates to those making a difference for our students (deadline is May 4 at 3:00pm)
May 28th - last day of school for grades 5K-5th - release times
As you know, our last day of school for the 2020-2021 school year is Friday, May 28th. This will be a half day for students with OMS/OHS releasing at 11 A.M. and OES (grades 5K-5th) releasing at 12 P.M. The school buses will run at that time and the after-school Y care will be available at 12PM – 6PM for those who need care. Thank you for your support in making this school year a success for our students!
*4K last day of school is May 27th (this is a full day of school)*
Important Reminders from Principal Kucharski:
- Students need to come to school wearing a mask every day. The office has been giving out too many masks on a daily basis.
- Our students have school recess equipment (kickballs, jump ropes, 4 square balls, soccer balls, soft footballs) to use outside. Students are not to be bringing their own equipment from home.
- Drivers: please be alert & careful when dropping off/picking up students. Watch for other cars as they are pulling up to/pulling away from the curb! Do not move up along the curb as another car pulls away because this can cause a back-up. And of course, follow the directions of the staff members assisting in the parking lot. Thank you!
- OES school doors open at 8:25 AM. Several students have been arriving early (walking, biking, car riding). There is not any supervision outside prior to that time.
- OES dismissal is at 3:40 PM (2:50 PM on Wed.). The calling of cars begins at that time. The school dismissal procedure is for vehicles to be in the pick-up line (unless contact to school has been previously made for that day). The routine is typically finished within 10-15 minutes. Thank you for your patience and cooperation.
NOSD Summer School Registration
Registration is open now! Click on the following link for all information to sign up!
Please send a water bottle and a mask with your child daily!!
Please put a spare mask in your child's backpack in addition to sending them to school wearing a mask. Many children are needing to swap out their masks during the day due to getting them wet, dirty, misplaced, etc.
Gil's Reading Challenge
Waubedonia Soccer Club sign up
Girls Basketball Camp
Fredonia Youth Baseball/Softball
Open to Boys & Girls ages 4yrs - 8th grade
Village of Saukville along with Landt Thiel Post 470 are bringing back the Parade of Bikes - click above for all the information
Reminder about student absences:
Per our OES Handbook on page 7 (found on our website) regarding illness/absence:
NOTE: A medical excuse may be requested for students who are absent for three or more consecutive days.
VERY IMPORTANT COVID REMINDERS
In the event your child or someone in your home is being tested for COVID, please keep your child home until test results are known. It is recommended that direct family members (including other students at school) also stay home. Please notify the District Nurse of your results. Your child/children should engage in remote learning until a back to school date has been determined.
-Per the Washington/Ozaukee Health Department
Washington Ozaukee Health Department NEW Testing Services
NEW Testing Services
Washington and Ozaukee Counties have partnered with Curative, Inc. to provide free oral COVID-19 testing at Washington County Fair Park and Ozaukee County Fairgrounds.
The tests are self-administered PCR oral swabs; results are texted or e-mailed within 48 hours.
Testing is open from 8am – 4pm on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, and 10am – 6pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays at each location.
Residents will need to register ahead of time in order to guarantee a test and bring their insurance cards and a photo ID. Testing is free, with no out-of-pocket costs. Individuals without insurance will not be turned away.
Appointments can be scheduled online through Curative’s website: www.curative.com
Click here for Updated COVID Testing Sites
If you have any questions about COVID-19 Testing, please call 262-284-8170.
This link will take you to all the information the school nurse is posting.
OES Start and End Times:
8:35 - 3:40 - OES
Early Release (Wednesdays) starting on Sept. 2nd
8:35 - 2:50 - OES
Like Us on Facebook!
NOSD PTR https://www.facebook.com/NOSDPTR