Term 4 Week 1- 18th October 2022
Welcome back to term 4.
I hope you and your children got to enjoy the holiday break after a fairly busy end of term 3. We have noticed students have come back refreshed and ready to learn.
Each week our students focus on one or two of our school values and what they look like around the different parts of the school. This week they are focussing on the classroom environment, both learning and behaviour. Check out the image attached.
Over the holidays we completed our flooring project with new carpet being laid in the office area. After 20 years of the old carpet it was certainly time for something new. Our final power upgrade jobs were completed with and new main board in the office. We have also completed the finishing touches on our Learning Support rooms where the old PE shed was. Pop your head in if you have a spare moment. This area is used by our teacher aids, RTLB, LSC and teachers as a place to work with student’s who need a bit of extra support. If you think your child needs extra support feel free to talk to your teacher, Paul Ruddell our school SENCO or Barbie Reynolds who is our Learning Support Coordinator who is here on a Wednesday.
Shortly we will be starting our Pool renovations with relining the pool with a fibreglass liner. This will mean no more painting or leaks due to cracks in the concrete. Swimming will start after these renovations, hopefully towards the end of term. We will have our pool keys available again for the community over the summer break.
Next week on Thursday 27th we will have our annual Shake Out earthquake and Tsunami drill. We encourage you to also make a plan for your house or workplace. You can find some great resources and help on the official website. www.getready.govt.nz
Our water issues have be rectified but it would be good to send your child with a drink bottle full of water each day.
Term 4 Hats
Please remember this term all children will be required to wear a hat when outdoors.
Room 2 Native Bird Art
Kokopu School Ag Day - Register Now
Kokopu School Calf Club/Ag Day is on Saturday 29th October here at school. We will have our classrooms open so parents can come along and see all the wonderful creations the children will have made the day before. A list of materials the children are to bring to school on Friday 28th October was sent home last term. It is also in the newsletter today. All items are to be made at school.
Our lamb/goat day care is still open at school each day. Children are welcome to bring their animal to school so they can look after and feed it during the day.
Fish Bin Gardens. If your child has been growing a garden, please bring that along on Friday too.
Central Day - Thursday 3rd November at Barge Park.
The PTA are organising a grocery raffle and food for sale on the day. Can we please have donations of the following;
* Non perishable food items for the raffle?
* Mince for nachos to sell on the day.
* Lollies and marshmallows from Room 1 and 2 for lolly kebabs
* Kids gift items to the value of $5 from Room 3, 4 and 6 for lucky dips
Our Ag Day is a lucrative fundraiser for our PTA and your support is very much appreciated. Thank you.
Dads Cake Bake Off
Each year we have a dad's cake baking competition. The cake that makes the most money in the cake auction wins the esteemed wooden spoon! So dad's get your creative cooking skills into gear and get baking!
On Wednesday 2nd November all children will be going to Poroti School to compete in the annual athletics event. They will compete against other schools in our area and some children from Year 4 to 8 may be selected to go into the WPSSA (Whangarei Primary Schools Sports Association) athletics competition. We will need parents to transport children over to Poroti School please. You are not required to stay for the day, but your help getting them there would be very much appreciated. Please fill in the permission form on our Skool Loop App and indicate how many children you can transport if you are available to help. Parking will be at the Mangakahia Sports Complex. Thank you. There will be food on sale at Poroti School on the day.
- Year 7 & 8 Technology Training. Every Monday for term 3 and 4 our Year 7 and 8 students will be taking the bus into Manaia View School to do Technology Training. Please ensure they are at school before 9am when the bus leaves and also that they are wearing their Kokopu School Tee Shirt.
- Carpark and gate. Please come to the gate in the carpark to collect your children at the end of the day. We do not want children walking through the carpark without an adult as it is unsafe with the amount of cars and limited parking. We have a teacher on duty at the gate each day to supervise. Can we ask parents and visitors to make sure they close the gates if you use them? We have a few children that may be prone to walking out an open gate. Thank you.
- Absences. A reminder that it is important to contact the school before 9.30am when your child will be absent. You can either phone, email or let us know via our Skool Loop app. We need to know where your children are so we know they are safe and can mark them correctly on the roll. See details in this newsletter on how to download our Skool Loop App.
- Iceblock Sales. Ice Blocks are for sale again to raise funds for the school. Many children who come to school with $2 like to buy their friend an ice block. Please could you send a note to say they are allowed to do this? The Room 6 children do ask but a note would be easier for them.
- Term Dates. Term 1 03/02— 14/04 Term 2 02/05— 08/07 Term 3 25/07— 30/09 Term 4 17/10— 15/12
- Term 4 17/10 to 15/12
- 29 October - Kokopu School Ag Day
- 31 October - BOT Meeting 5.30pm
- 2 November - Poroti Athletics Day
- 3 November - Central Ag Day
- 4 November - Super Hero Day
- 5 November - PTA Quiz Night
- 10 November - Mangakahia Kapa Haka Festival
- 11 November - Kokopu Athletics
- 23 November - WPSSA Y7&8 Athletics
- 30 November - WPSSA Y4-6 Athletics
- 5 December - BOT Meeting 5.30pm
- 13 December - Prizegiving
- 15 December - Reports home and last day
- Term 1 2023
- Thursday 2nd February 2023 - Start school
School Policies and Procedures Schooldocs
Maungatapere Community Hui
We are running a community hui in November to help create a safer and more connected community.
When: 19 November from 3-5pm, afternoon tea included
Where: Maungatapere Community Hall, 1257 State Highway 14
New local website
Maungatapere also has its very own website with everything local. It includes local information, community and business directories, history, and events.
Maunu Tennis Club
MAUNU TENNIS CLUB
SENIOR opening day: Sat 17 Sep 10 am, and each Sat thereafter from 1 pm
TWILIGHT tennis each Thu 5:30 pm starting Thu 29 Sep
LADIES DAY every Wed 9 am
JUNIOR COACHING: Starts Tue 18 Oct. 4-8 yrs 3:15 pm start. Others 4 pm.
Queries to Matt Trubshaw (027 478 6655) or Jill Trubshaw re juniors (021 611 522)