The Academy for Science and Health Professions at CHS
From the Headmaster...
I'm excited to start this school year as the Headmaster for the Academy for Science and Health Professions.
I hope you and your family enjoyed the summer with some well-deserved rest.
I know there are lots of questions about health concerns and our approach this year, I ask that you watch Dr. Null's YouTube Live from July 28, 2021.
I have been working with your teachers and we are ready for a great year!
Reduced costs for SAT/ACT/Advanced Placement Tests and more
You can submit an application online to see if your family would qualify for these discounts here: https://www.myschoolapps.com/Home/PickDistrict
The list will not be comprehensive as some students will need additional supplies throughout the year.
What do you think?
Feedback in the form below is anonymous.
Senate Bill 1697
During the recent legislative session, Senate Bill 1697 established new Texas Education Code (TEC), §28.02124, Parental Option for Student Retention, which allows parents or guardians to opt to have their child:
• repeat prekindergarten;
• enroll in prekindergarten if the child was eligible to enroll in prekindergarten in the previous school year, under TEC, §29.153(b), and has not yet enrolled in kindergarten;
• repeat kindergarten;
• enroll in kindergarten if the child would have enrolled in kindergarten in the previous school year and has not yet enrolled in first grade;
• for grades one through three, repeat the grade the student was enrolled in the previous school year;
• for grades four through eight, repeat the grade the student was enrolled in during the 2020-2021 school year; and
• for courses taken for high school credit, repeat any course in which the student was enrolled during the 2020-2021 school year.
To learn more, please visit TEA’s Restart Kindergarten or Repeat a Grade or Course webpages. Please note: UIL eligibility may be impacted by repeating a course or grade. Check UIL’s website regularly for updates.
If you intend to request that your student repeat a course that he/she took last year, please contact Mr. Kelly before August 10th.