Week of November 16th
Your child will be taking a district common assessment on the dates below. The test will be monitored live for virtual learning and face to face students. All students will take the test on SchoolCity. SchoolCity is an online program designed for testing. For a successful testing session:
- Students should get a good nights rest the night before their test
- Students should eat a healthy balanced breakfast, or come to school by 7:45am to receive breakfast from the cafeteria
Students must be logged into their Alief Hub and teachers Zoom room by 8:00 am
Allow your child to complete this test independently as it will help teachers target areas of need
Please send your child with headphones or remind your child to bring his/her headphones on their testing day.
Please view the chart below to find the days your child will test.
Brighter Bites - Nov. 19th
Brighter Bites has returned and we have had great turnouts! If your child is a car rider, please continue to follow the regular pickup line and you will turn right in the East Parking Lot after picking up your child. If you are picking up your Brighter Bites BUT NOT a child, please come westbound on Sharpcrest and turn left into the East Parking Lot to avoid the student pickup line and alleviate traffic. Both pickups, please merge carefully when turning into the East Parking Lot.
Brighter Bites is a non-profit organization that works with Martin Elementary to provide fresh fruits and vegetables to our families for free. They include nutrition information and recipe ideas to encourage healthy living and making it fun! If you're interested in enrolling in the program at Martin, please sign up at the link below:
For more information, please view the attached flyer in both English and Spanish or visit the website https://brighterbites.org/
Next distribution will be Thursday, November 19th, 3:00-4:00PM in the East Parking lot.
NO SCHOOL - Nov. 23rd-Nov. 30th
Character Trait of the Month - November
COVID Safety Updates/Reminders
- NO VISITORS are allowed in the building. If you have any questions, please contact the front office using the contact information at the bottom of the newsletter.
- Students must wear a mask everyday when coming to the school that completely covers their nose and mouth. Masks with vents are NOT ALLOWED as they are not approved by the CDC.
- Please continue to screen your children every morning before they come to school using the Daily Student Self-Screening Checklist
- If your child is a walker, please remember to practice social distancing when dropping off and picking up your child.
- To view the cumulative Alief ISD COVID cases regularly updated, view the Alief ISD COVID Cases page
For more information regarding our Health and Safety Guidelines, please view the Alief ISD Health and Safety Plan
Student Residency Questionnaire
All Alief families are asked to complete a student residency questionnaire. The purpose of this questionnaire is to give the district a better idea of how to support our students and families. This year the form has been made accessible online. Please take a few minutes to complete the important form as soon as possible. Click on the link below to access the form. If you have already completed the questionnaire, you do not need to complete it again. If you have NOT completed the questionnaire, it is VERY important that you complete is as soon as possible. Thank you for your support in this matter.
Parents and families are still needing to complete the meal application. If you have previously filled out a free and reduced meal application, or will need to complete one this year, please do so as soon as possible. For a quick response, please complete an online application at www.schoolcafe.com. Paper applications can be picked up at curbside meal distribution or at the Federal Meals Office located at: 12400 High Star, Building T-248, Houston, TX 77072.
Home Access Center
Once this is up-to-date, you can gain access to the Alief Home Access Center. This is the location you will receive emergency information, your child's Progress Reports and Report card, gradebook access, and other important information.
For details on how to login and navigate the Home Access Center, please click below:
Shared Decision Making Committee News
- Martin's Family Engagement Policy - shares general expectations of how families and the community will work together at Martin
- Martin's Virtual Learning Compact - outlines the expectations for students, parents, and staff members regarding virtual instruction
- Martin's Family and Staff Compact - outlines the expectations for students, parents, and staff members regarding communication, collaboration, and instruction
Please view the chart below to see who the SDC members are.
18- 2nd Grade Math DCA Test
19- 3rd Grade Math DCA Test
19- Brighter Bites
23-27- Thanksgiving Break (No School)
30- Teacher planning day, Student Holiday (No School)
2- 4th Grade Math DCA Test
2- 1st Grade Reading DCA Test
3- 2nd Grade Reading DCA Test
8- 3rd Grade Reading DCA Test
9- 4th Grade Reading DCA Test
16- 2nd,3rd,4th Grade Science DCA Test
16- Kinder & 1st Grade Science CCA Test
21-Jan.1st- Winter Break (No School)
4- Teacher Planning Day, Student Holiday (No School)