Your Secure Digital World
By Analisa Karathanassis
Rights and Responsibilities
- You should never talk to someone online who you don't know
- Don't send inappropriate pictures to someone because once you press send it's out of your hand
- Pictures you send to someone might become public
- Never share any personal information
- Keep your users private so only your real friends can get in
- If someone is being inappropriate, ignore them but if they continue click "Report Abuse"
How to use social media safely and responsibly
There are 83 million fake accounts on Facebook. That is only Facebook. What about twitter, flickr, tumblir, skype and many more. These people act to be your friend, girlfriend or boyfriend. They will lie about their age, gender, personality and characteristics. You might think you are chatting online with a 13 year old girl who turns out to be a 30 year old man. They will do anything to impress you and gain your trust. They might also send you a picture of someone saying that it is them.
Meeting Someone Online
- Is he/she too good to be true?
- Do they talk about inappropriate things?
- Do they make you do things you know is not right but you do it anyway? These people choose people who have pictures of themselves they wouldn't show their parents of. Always think before you do something, think if you know who you are chatting to online and why did they choose you?