It's Panfrying Time!
Panfrying: Fry it in a Pan Fool
- Add a small amount of fat to the skillet. This method is used to brown ground beef.
- Ground Beef, Steaks, Chicken, Fish
2 (3 ounce) fillets salmon, with skin
sea salt to taste
2 tablespoons olive oil
- Rinse the salmon fillets and pat dry thoroughly with paper towels; season with sea salt.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Gently lay the salmon into the hot oil with the skin side facing up and cook until the the flesh side is golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes; turn and continue cooking until the skin side is slightly browned, about 5 minutes more. Remove the salmon from the skillet, allowing any oil to drain from the fish back into the pan.
- Remove the skin from the salmon fillets; fry the skin in the oil remaining in the skillet until crispy, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve the crispy skin with the salmon.