Totem Falls Raven Review
Thursday, June 16, 2022
MESSAGE FROM DR. CHURCH
Dear Totem Falls Families,
What a great Field Day it was yesterday! Mr. Carter’s work with 6th graders created many activities students enjoyed today. As a traditional end of year activity, it marks that the last day of school is near. As you know, our last day of school is Monday. We will have an all school assembly celebrating the many accomplishments of students this year. Please feel free to join us for the assembly beginning at 9:00am and is slated for about 45 minutes.
After the assembly, the students will be able to watch the staff vs. 6th grade kickball game. We will end the day by celebrating our 6th graders in our “clap out” where they will walk around the school while K-5th grade students applaud their schoolmates for their leadership and example.
Then its off to start their summer vacations at 11:45am. We all wish you a great break and look forward to seeing everyone in the fall.
We hope your families have a fun, sunny and safe summer!
Mary Mellis, RN and Heather Nichols, HRA
LOST & FOUND
ALL LIBRARY BOOKS ARE PAST DUE
All library books are PAST DUE. If you forgot to return your library books, please RETURN ALL LIBRARY BOOKS by Monday, June 20th. All late library books will turn into a FINE on the student’s account until the books are returned. Let your librarians know if you have any questions.
SNO-ISLE SUMMER READING CHALLENGE
Sno-isle Summer Reading Challenge begins on June 20-September 11. Students who read 10 hours will EARN A FREE BOOK. There will be weekly virtual events, a community scavenger hunt and lots of booklists and activity ideas in person and online all summer long. ***Sno-isle Summer Reading Logs will be available on June 20 at any Sno-isle Library, online, or at our TF Summer Library July 6-August 17.
KIDS BOOK SHARE
Our first ever TF Kid's Book Share was a HUGE success thanks to your generous book donations! We surpassed our goal of 500 books! Our TF community donated close to 1000 books!!! Because of all those book donations, our TF students had an amazing book selection to choose a book or two for lower grades to keep for summer reading!!!
***BOOK DONATIONS: All extra books were donated to our TF students in need, TF classroom libraries, and Book Cafe for summer reading too! Thank you for helping us get a book for ALL our TF students and excited about summer reading!
School office availability
- High school, middle school and elementary school offices will be closed to the public after Friday, June 24
Totem Falls offers the EduKit program as a convenient option for busy families to order
school supplies for the 2022/2023 year. A portion of the proceeds will directly benefit
Totem Falls PTO! These kits are filled with the EXACT supplies requested by our
teachers. Thank you for your order (and supporting our school).
MAKE SURE YOUR CHILD'S IMMUNIZATIONS ARE UP TO DATE
It is important to make sure your child goes to their regularly scheduled wellness appointments, which often include immunizations. The summer months are a great time to get your child caught up with immunization requirements before the 2022-2023 school year. Schedule your appointments early, as health care providers’ schedules quickly fill up in August and September. Make sure to turn in your updated immunization paperwork to the school by Wednesday, September 7.
Every student enrolled/registered in school or childcare in the state of Washington must have medically verified up-to-date immunization records on file with the school in which they are enrolled/registering before the first day of school 2022-2023. Medically verified immunization records include one or more of the following:
- A Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) printed from the Immunization Information System (IIS)
- A physical copy of the CIS form with a healthcare provider signature
- A physical copy of the CIS form with accompanying medical immunization records from a healthcare provider verified and signed by school staff
- A CIS printed from MyIR
DISTRICT-APPROVED COMMUNITY FLIERS
- Camp Girls on the Run
- COVID-19 Study Conducted by UW and the Center for Health Research at Kaiser Permanente Northwest - You and your family are invited to join a research study to help understand more about COVID-19. You do not need to be vaccinated to participate. You will receive free weekly COVID-19 PCR tests delivered to and picked up from the convenience of your home. Learn more at cascadiastudy.org.
- Community Service Opportunity - TOPSoccer
- Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) Volunteers Needed
- Crossview Tutoring
- Girls Scouts Open House
- Girls on the Run - Willis Tucker Park Team
- Glacier Peak Girls Basketball Youth Summer Camp
- Glacier Peak Girls Soccer Summer Camp for K-7th Grade
- Glacier Peak High School Grizzly Softball Camp - June 22-23
- Glacier Peak Volleyball Boosters Summer Camp
- Glacier Peak Youth Football Association GPYFA Registration
- Glacier Peak Youth Summer Tennis Camp
- Grizzly Open Youth Tennis Tournament - August 18-21
- Join GPYFA Youth Cheer
- Mariners Grand Slam Camps - July 11-14
- Snohomish Cooperative Preschool Registration
- Snohomish High School Boys Basketball Summer Camp
- Snohomish Junior Cheer
- Snohomish High School Panther Youth Tennis Camp - June 7-9
- SPJFA Spring Flag Football and Fall Tackle Football Sign Ups
- Taekwondo for Kids - June 2022
2021-2022 School Year
- Monday, June 20, 2022 - Last day of school (half-day early release at 11:45)
2022-2023 School Year
- Wednesday, September 7 - First day of school
- Week of October 24 - Fall conference week (schedule and details TBD)
- Friday, November 11- No school/Veterans Day
- Wednesday, November 23 - Half-day early release
- Thursday, November 24-Friday, November 25 - No school/Thanksgiving Break
- Tuesday, December 20 - Half-day early release
- Wednesday, December 21-Tuesday, January 3 - No school/Winter Break
- Wednesday, January 4 - Classes resume after Winter Break
- Monday, January 16 - No school/MLK Jr. Day
- Monday, January 30 - No school/Beginning of second semester and non-student day
- Friday, February 17-Monday, February 20 - No school/Mid-Winter Break
- Week of March 27 - Spring conference week (schedule and details TBD)
- Monday, April 3-Friday, April 7 - No school/Spring Break
- Monday, May 29 - No school/Memorial Day
- Friday, June 16 - Last day of school
- Monday, June 19 - No school/Juneteenth
- Tuesday, June 20-Friday, June 23 - Potential snow/inclement weather make-up days
TOTEM FALLS ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
Craig Church, Principal
Tiffany Bidne, Administrative Assistant
Jennifer Jordan, Main Office Secretary
The Snohomish School District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Civil Rights Coordinator, Title IX Coordinator and ADA – Darryl Pernat, 1601 Avenue D, Snohomish, WA 98290, 360-563-7285, firstname.lastname@example.org; Section 504 Coordinator and Harassment, Intimidation and Bullying – Shawn Stevenson, 1601 Avenue D, Snohomish, WA 98290, 360-563-7282, email@example.com.