Greenwich Free Library
News and Notes from the Library
In today's newsletter:
- Holiday hours
- Ongoing health and safety protocols
- Monthly Book Sale, 6 January
- Ken Tingley in Conversation with Joe Donahue, 13 January
- Streaming on Kanopy
- Greenwich Revitalization Plan - Open house at the library, 11 & 12 January
- Thanks for the Trees!
Please note that the library will be closed for Christmas on Friday 24 December & Saturday 25 December. We will be closed to celebrate the New Year on Friday 31 December and Saturday 1 January.
We wish you all the best over this holiday season!
Our regular hours are Monday 10-5; Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 10-7; Friday 10-5; Saturday 10-1.
Health and Safety Protocols
We want to assure you that we are paying close attention to Covid-19 news and guidelines, and the health of our patrons and staff take priority.
- Masks that cover the nose and mouth are required for all patrons over the age of two, regardless of vaccination status. Masks are available in the library for those who do not have one.
- As per New York State guidelines, at library events where presenters appear unmasked, we will require proof of vaccination for all attendees. Please note that this only applies to certain events, and attendees will be notified in advance.
- We continue to offer curbside service for those who are not able to visit in person. Please call 518-692-7157 during regular hours to make your requests.
- For updates on Covid-19-related policies or closures, check out our website or our Facebook page.
Monthly Book Sale
Local Author Event: Ken Tingley in Conversation with Joe Donahue
Thursday, Jan. 13th 2022 at 6:30-7:30pm
148 Main Street
In order to ensure the health and safety of our community, attendance at this event is limited to 25 people. All attendees must show proof of full vaccination (via your paper card, the Excelsior Pass, or other smart passes issued outside of New York State).
Because space is limited, attendees must RSVP in advance using the form below or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Streaming films on the Kanopy app
At home for the holidays? Try streaming one of the many critically-acclaimed movies, inspiring documentaries, award-winning foreign films, or children's features available through Kanopy. All you need is your library card to bring incredible cinema to your home or device. Greenwich Free Library cardholders can access up to 8 play credits per month.
Greenwich Revitalization Plan: Open House at the Library
Where: Community Room at the Greenwich Free Library
More information: On December 30, the Village and Town of Greenwich will be releasing the draft Greenwich Revitalization Plan for public review and comment. The Draft Plan is the result of a year-long public planning process and envisions improved waterfront access, connectivity, infill development, and revitalization to support community goals and long-term economic development and growth. The strategies and recommendations in the Plan will be utilized by the Village, Town, and local leadership to guide public and private investment within the study area.
Representatives from the project team will be available at the Greenwich Free Library on January 11th and 12th from 4 – 6 PM to answer questions and gather public feedback. The public is invited to stop by the library at any time during the open house. Project information will remain available for the public to review at the Library throughout the month of January.
The Greenwich Revitalization Plan was led by the consultant team of Chazen, A LaBella Company, WXY architecture + urban design, and Sidekick Creative and funded through the New York State Department of State’s Brownfield Opportunity Area (BOA) program.
For additional project information, please visit the Village and Town websites, www.villageofgreenwich.org and www.greenwichny.org. Please submit comments and questions on the draft Plan to email@example.com by January 31, 2022.