A Christmas Carol Background
- Charles Dickens wrote entertaining comics.
- Charles was pulled from school and put to work in a factory.
- Charles's father earned enough money to be middle class, but he managed money poorly.
- Industrialization caused many people to be "flocking" into the cities and towns in search of employment. This led to people living on streets and very low wages.
THE VICTORIAN ERA
- A normal job in the Victorian Era was working in factories because of industrialization.
- By the end of the century there were 3 times more people living in poverty than in the beginning of the century.
CHILD LABOR IN THE 1800'S
- Some jobs children were forced to do were working on cotton mills and mines, these children were also payed very little.