A Night at the Movies
Summer Showcase 2021 - July 24th
Registration is Now Open!
Registration for this year's Summer Digital Showcase is now OPEN!
We're shaking things up and rocking a special theme this time....
A Night at the Movies
Students are encouraged to choose a song to perform from their favorite TV Show, Movie or Musical for their Summer Digital Showcase performance.
The Studio will have a selection of music for all age levels and our teaching team will be helping participating students with music selection. If we don't have the song in your heart, not to worry, I'm certain we can find it for you!
Cost to Participate in the Digital Recital is $15 per student.
All Student Videos are due no later than Saturday, July 17th.
Full Details about A Night At the Movies are available to you on our Showcase Page.
Special Edition Concert Tee
As an extra bonus, this year we've put together a "Concert T-Shirt" for students to order and wear during our Studio Spirit Weeks.
Concert Tees will be offered in Youth XS - L and Adult XS - 2XL.
Add a Concert Tee to your Showcase Registration for only $10!!
Additional shirts may be ordered for $15 each; to order additional shirts please contact Iris at email@example.com
While choosing something that fits the theme of “Night at the Movies” isn’t required, it is a fun way to grow your creative expression. Here are some ideas that might help get the process started:
- Find music that you love from a favorite movie or musical. We have a collection of sheet music at all levels in the office you can browse for inspiration.
- Use a background or props in your video.
- Dress up as your favorite character.
- Bring someone else on for a cameo (we especially love seeing your pets 🙂
Have fun! Be Creative!
Video Recording Tips
You don’t have to spend a lot of time or trouble to record your showcase video. Here are a few tips to help you along the way…
- Before you start your performance, tell us your name, your age, and the title of your piece.
- Have a family member use a phone or camera – nothing fancy is necessary. Or you can ask your teacher to help recording your performance during your lesson time.
- Have the camera facing you – we want to see your delightful face as well as your hands and instrument when possible. For piano you may need to move the keyboard or piano away from the wall, and shoot from the front and sides.
- Do an initial test recording so you can listen back and see if the audio and video is recording how you want.
- Pay attention to the lighting where you are recording so the video doesn’t look too dark or washed out. Lighting from the front (pointing at your head as opposed to from your back).
Video Submission Instructions
Submitting your video is easy, and the following instructions will hopefully help make it easier. The deadline for submitting your video is July 17th, so make sure you have it prepared and submitted early.
Step 1: Create your video and save it in a format comparable with YouTube. For a list of comparable formats, click here.
Step 2: Upload your video to DropBox or Google Drive. If you do not currently have either, click here to create a free DropBox account.
Step 3: Share your video from Google Drive or Dropbox to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. In the e-mail text, include Student Name, Age, Teacher, and Instrument.